Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 7 March 2016

No Place Like Home # 18

Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need. ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

Hello my lovely friends and welcome to No Place Like Home! Did you all watch the Downton Abbey finale last night? I haven't seen it yet but will watch it on tape this evening. 
At the end of the week I am sharing a special post on my view of the beloved series. I hope you will join me for that.



The other day I shared a Wee Bit of Blue and dedicated it to our blogger friend Smiling Sally. Sally will be greatly missed here in Blogland and those of us who participated in her Blue Monday party will especially miss her visits and witty comments. You may check that post out here.



I shared my Butterscotch Sauce recipe for topping ice cream and cake as well. I'm sure Anne of Green Gables would love it! Click here to go to this post.





Last week's party served up a cornucopia of ideas and recipes. They were all marvellous and thank you so much for sharing. You are a wonderfully talented group of ladies! I have broken my features down into categories and I hope you enjoy them! 

Collections 
Amy @ A Day of Small Things     shared her wonderful collection of enamel ware. Boy! Do these pieces ever bring back memories of being at Granny's house.



Jocelyn @ Just a Little Southern Hospitality  shared her lovely vintage snack sets. As we all know, our dishes make food look that much more special.



Debbie @ Debbie-Dabble shared her fabulous collection of Lusterware. Some of her pieces hold special memories too.



Tea Time & Tablescapes
Christine @ Christine's Home and Travel Adventures shared a darling tea time with her little granddaughter Reese. Little Reese even knows how to hold her teacup like a little lady; adorable!



Karen @ Karen's Cottage and Castle shared her gorgeous yellow teacups. Looks like Spring has arrived at her home.



Janet @  Rosemary and Thyme shared a beautiful springtime table setting. Love her use of little bird nests at each place setting! 



Memories
Honora @ Pondside shared a post featuring a home in her neighbourhood which is about to be demolished. A poignant story and a bit of a tear jerker.



Florals/Gardening
Carmen @ Country Blessings shared her beautiful flowers and tips about gardening.



Nancy @ Two Cottages and Tea shared her adorable fairy gardens from last summer. Beautiful!




Thank you ladies for participating last week. As a courtesy, and if you would like to be featured, you should have a link back to my party.

If you have been featured here then please feel free to take this button for your blog. Just copy and paste.



Now let's see what you are creating in your home to make it a cozy place to come home to for your family, your friends, and yourself. 


Lord, this humble house we'd keep 
Sweet with play and calm with sleep. 
Help us so that we may give 
Beauty to the lives we live. 
Let Thy love and let Thy grace 
Shine upon our dwelling place. - Edgar A. Guest 





Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

33 comments :

  1. Thank you for the feature and for hosting each week! It's fun to get new ideas. I love the petit point dishes, they are so cute. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting the fun party and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi! Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the feature, Sandi - so kind! It's a new week with all of the promise that it can hold. Your blog is a good way to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sandi:
    I think you choose some lovely featured posts today and I enjoyed seeing everyone. I am reposting as today the kitchen counters and sink, etc. are in process of replacement. With all going on - I could of never done anything without reposting. We have March 17th as our target leaving date and it can't get here fast enough to suit me. My husband is limping - please say a prayer for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your featured posts are lovely today. I need to go and visit those I had not previously seen. Thank you so much for hosting and I love your petit point dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great features Sandi. I love the teacup and sherbet too.
    Thank you for hosting sweet lady.

    Have a happy week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely features! thanks so much for hosting us each week, we sure love hanging out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,
    Thank you so much for featuring me! I am so honoured! Your dessert looks so delicious this week. Have a Wonderful Day Dear Sandi! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for featuring my tea with little Reese and thanks for hosting again, Sandi. I really want to try your butterscotch recipe. Thanks for sharing it....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweet Sandi! All the features are wonderful, as always. I look forward to you watching the finale of DA and your thoughts on it, as I watched it last night. Thank you for hosting, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for the feature!! I will be giving you a Shout Out on Google+ and in my next post!! Thanks so much for mentioning our Sally. I linked your post up to my tribute post. Happy blue Monday in honor of our Sally!!
    Thanks so much for hosting each week, my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful selections - I really enjoy going back and reviewing the ones you feature - I usually find something that I have missed - and enjoy it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi, thank you so much for another fun party! Have a blessed week...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I watched the DA finale last night and look forward to your special post on the series. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Sandi, thankyou again for hosting. I'm sharing some favourite tea and gifting recipes this week, and for the first time, I'm sharing some links to my disabled sons blog. Alex has CP and is in a wheelchair, and has the MOST amazing fruit, herb, and vegetable garden. He inspires all he meets, and I hope that some of my friends here, will visit him and be equally inspired. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so mmuch for featuring
    my post! You made my day! I am looking forward to your next lovely post!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so mmuch for featuring
    my post! You made my day! I am looking forward to your next lovely post!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also watched the Downton Abby final it was amazing and sad that this wonderful series is over . Lovely post and photos , Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful tea time. Always a pleasure to say hello and visit you here. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi, Downton was everything I'd hoped it would be! Found myself with happy tears rolling down my cheeks. A bit silly, but couldn't help myself. lol! Wonderful features. Love Amy's enamel ware. Thanks for the party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi :)

    Thank you for hosting another wonderful link up party! I have so enjoyed sharing here recently, and have also found many lovely new posts and blogs to check out!!

    I hope you enjoy the finale of Downton Abbey! I just finished it last week, and boy, was it great! I so love that show and while I am bummed that it has ended, I'm so happy with how they ended the series. So many times I feel like shows end in a really dumb or silly way...but the Downton finale was amazing!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such kind comments! It is a delight to have you visit!

    Enjoy your week ahead :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a delicious looking sauce for ice cream Sandi! Had to pin! thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting again, Sandi, and after reading the first part of your post, I am very afraid that I might be very disappointed, as you will see when you read my post this week. I did find an episode replayed tonight and will see if that is the final episode. I sure hope so..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi....yes, I watched the final episode of Downton Abbey. I am really sad that it is over...I so looked forward to watching it every season. The sets were always so lovely and oh, the costumes...wow! I was happy with the ending. Your sauce looks soooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Sandi,
    all parts of Downton Abbey I watched with enthusiasm, 2 years ago in the television here. I love this series with the wonderful dresses and charming surroundings.
    It is always a joy to participate in your lovely link party, thank you for hosting, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you Sandi! I am a wee bit late linking this week...too much sunshine! Have a beautiful week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for hosting the fun, Sandi! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandi! Your ice cream sundae looks not only delicious, but very fancy. Love the presentation. I did not watch the last two seasons of DA, but I did enjoy watching the finale. I'll look forward to your review.
    Blessings to you, dear friend. Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your featured pictures are all so pretty and full of spring
    Thanks for always having us over

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for hosting Sandi, I am looking forward to your next lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds fun party. Thank you for hosting Sandi.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.