Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 16 November 2015

No Place Like Home # 3


Mid pleasures and palaces though I may roam,
Be it ever so humble there's no place like home. ~ John Howard Payne 


Welcome to another No Place Like Home party!

I looked out my window this morning and saw my neighbour across the street up on the ladder putting Christmas lights on the eves of his house. I know most of us are busy getting ready for the holidays and I'm excited to see all your holiday posts coming up. 

On the weekend I was feeling rather nostalgic. I brought out my Friendly Village china and enjoyed a quiet cup of tea as I reflected upon the days of my childhood. 



I shared about my Granny's Pancake Jug. This old jug is more than one hundred years old.



If you missed that post then you can read it here.

I am happy to feature several posts from last week's party again this week. 

The most viewed post was: Debbie @ Debbie-Dabble who shared the great deals her hubby Joe got. What a super shopper he is! 




The following posts also caught my eye!

Lynn @ Quaker Hill Farm shared her lovely wreath of grapevine, ivy, berries and florals. Beautiful!


Sherry @ The Charm of Home  shared a lovely tea time using her poppy teacup in remembrance of our veterans and soldiers as we celebrated Remembrance Day and Veteran's Day last week.



And if you're looking for a nosh how about Mrs. T's Pumpkin Dutch Apple Pie @ Across My Kitchen Table. The best of both pies in one delicious pie. She shared both the recipe for the pie and her pie crust.




Thank you everyone for participating last week. As a courtesy, and if you would like to be featured, you should have a link back to my party. Please don't post any more than two links. 
Now let's see what you are creating in your home to make it a cozy place to come home to for your family, your friends, and yourself. 


 Lord, this humble house we'd keep 
Sweet with play and calm with sleep. 
Help us so that we may give 
Beauty to the lives we live. 
Let Thy love and let Thy grace 
Shine upon our dwelling place. - Edgar A. Guest 




Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

23 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi! I was at the drug store last Saturday and noticed that they were already playing Christmas carols. Ditto for some of the radio stations. I'm hoping to start putting up my Christmas decor over the next few weeks. Thank you for hosting and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandi what a surprise this morning when I saw the Rose cottage wreath as one of your features! I feel truly honored. Have a beautiful week! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely features you've shared, sweet friend, at your party. I always enjoy visiting your home and seeing your pretty things. Thanks so much for hosting and may you have a happy week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi,
    I do love your features this week! Your Friendly Village is starting to get me in the Christmas mood (and snow mood - but not eager for that.) I love displaying tranferware at this time of the year. Thank you for hosting No Place Like Home. Have a delightful week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodmorning Sandi, Your Friendly Village is so pretty thank you for sharing it with us! Lovely features this week, I loved Debbie's post .....her hubby is quite the shopper! Have a wonderful week...hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for the feature!! I will be giving you a Shout Out on Goggle + and in my next post over on my regular blog.......
    Love your Friendly Village pieces! They are so pretty!!

    Thanks so much for hosting , my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. All so very pretty and yummy . Not thinking of Christmas just yet still to early for us lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like people are getting ready for Christmas early this year. Time to take out my Friendly Village set too. Love yours!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to display my friendly village dinner plates but after seeing yours out, I am going to get mine out now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi. I'm so glad to be joining you this week. I kept missing the party! Your china is divine! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandi
    I love your weekly gatherings and the new theme is just as cozy as the last. I've put out all my winter decor and am playing the Christmas tunes on the radio. A few Christmas items will come out soon too.
    We've had such mild weather the last few days that we're spoiled but I look forward to the snow, especially for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Friendly Village. I use it for Thanksgiving, and then pull out my Christmas set. So it doesn't get much "air time", but is very beloved! I am very slow at even thinking about Thanksgiving, let alone Christmas, this year. Time to get going! (I have that same bird book!) Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Friendly Village set is darling! How lovely to enjoy a cup of tea with that set! It is a joy to come by here today and see the wonderful features from last week, and all the new posts. Hard to believe it is time for the holidays again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Friendly Village. That's one Johnson Brother's pattern that I haven't started collecting. I am so enjoying your new adventure Sandi. I love tea cups and such, but it's fun to see other things your readers are into.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Friendly Village set!!! The teapot is so sweet. I had not seen that before. I have one or two pieces of Friendly Village (a mug and platter) but would eventually love to collect more. I don't really have room for more dishes, alas! I also enjoyed the heartwarming story of the pancake jug. It looks so lovely with the ivy trailing out of it.

    Thanks for featuring my pumpkin apple pie! That was such a pleasant surprise! I hope some of the ladies will try the recipe ... maybe even for Thanksgiving!

    Thanks for hosting and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of your beautiful tea cups.

    Next time I am at my sister's house, I am going to lovingly photograph every single one of my mother's beautiful cups on the gorgeous sideboard. My sister inherited much of my mother's things because she was nearby, my mother spent her last years with my sister and my sister has the space. But, I really do need to do a blog post about them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Sandi. Thank you again for this lovely party and for the great features..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your Granny's Pancake Jug, Friendly Village China, and features from other bloggers on this week's No Place Like Home. Have a wonderful week, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi!
    It's so nice to be having tea with you again! I always enjoy your posts and the parties. Thank you for the nice welcome back on my blog. XO
    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi,
    I have always adored Friendly Village and keep thinking I will buy a set but just don't know if I can get rid of my Pfaltgraff Winter Berry, since I have had it since the kids were little and I really don't need two sets of Winter/Christmas dishes.
    Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful day!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, Sandi,
    Thank you so kindly for hosting your party! I hope you are keeping warm and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful and the best, is the quote, there's no place like home. Home where there's tremendous love and kindness and safety. Hugs Sandi and wishes for a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.