Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 8 June 2015

Beautiful Blossoms for Tea Time

Tea Time Tuesday

One June evening, when the orchards were pink-blossomed again, when the frogs were singing silverly sweet in the marshes.... and the air was full of the savor of clover fields and balsamic fir woods, Anne was sitting by her gable window. She had been studying her lessons, but it had grown too dark to see the book, so she had fallen into wide-eyed reverie, looking out past the boughs of the Snow Queen, once more bestarred with its tufts of blossom. ~ LM Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables


Welcome to Tea Time Tuesday dear friends! I thought LM Montgomery's quote suited my post perfectly today because I am sharing my Blossom Time china. 




It is apple blossom time! My father was born and raised in Nova Scotia where Annapolis Valley has the most beautiful apple orchards. It is in the month of June that folks travel to admire the millions of blossoms and savour their enchanting scent. 

If only there could be an invention that bottled up a memory, like scent. 
And it never faded, and it never got stale. 
And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like living the moment all over again. ~ Daphne du Maurier

From the end of May to the first of June, Kentville, NS celebrates the Apple Blossom Festival where they have one of the largest parades in Canada with the crowning of the Apple Blossom Queen. 


RCMP members set off at the opening of the Apple Blossom Parade. (CHRISTIAN LAFORCE / Staff)
                 RCMP members set off at the opening of the Apple Blossom Parade - 
courtesy of the Internet



06_IMG_7553

Congratulations to Alxys Chamberlain of Kingston, NS, the 83rd Queen Annapolisa!
courtesy of the Internet




Apple blossoms - courtesy of the internet


Royal Albert's Blossom Time was inspired by the blossoms in Annapolis Valley back in the 1930s. 



"In 1933, G. R. Palmeter left a meeting of the Apple Blossom Committee at the Cornwallis Inn to purchase china from a representative of the Royal Albert China of England. While there, he asked the salesman about creating a pattern called "Blossom Time," to tie in with the Apple Blossom Festival. The design is an actual picture of the Ralph Eaton farm, in the Annapolis Valley. {Nova Scotia, Canada} The result was "BLOSSOM TIME" china". - courtesy of the internet



The square dessert plate I found at a thrift shop for $4.99 and the teacup was gifted to me by my Aunt Judy. 



I so admire this pretty pattern!





This pattern is so beautiful and perfect for this time of year. Each piece draws you in for an intoxicating walk through the orchards.



My Auntie P, Uncle Doug, and my cousin Cynthia arrived from Moncton, NB for a visit and I made some rhubarb crisp for our tea. Served warm with a dollop of whipped cream, it is such a treat this time of year. Rhubarb can be served in so many ways which is why I can't get enough of it.


The sweet vintage spoon was gifted to me by a dear blogger friend who, when she saw the letter "S" inscribed on the handle, she thought of me.

Won't you join me for a cup of chamomile tea?



It's not the tea that makes teatime special, it's the spirit of the tea party. ~ Emilie Barnes from "If Teacups Could Talk" 





I hope your day is filled with blossoms of  joy!

I am simply delighted you have stopped by today and I am happy to see all your tea things, whether you have shared them before or not. This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and you may be as creative, fancy, or as laid back with your tea time as you wish! 

Happiness is the realization
of God in the heart.
Happiness is the result
of praise and thanksgiving,
of faith, of acceptance;
a quiet tranquil realization
of the love of God.~ 
White Eagle from the book "A Book of Joy" by Thomas Kinkade


Anne of Green Gables and Matthew riding through the apple orchard.- courtesy of the Internet



I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Friends Sharing Tea
Tea Cup Tuesday
Home Sweet Home



Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

32 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi:
    I love your post because I love Anne of Green Gables. I just watched it last week with my granddaughter and the scene where Anne rides through the orchard with Matthew was lovely. Your posting is full of happy memories today and your trio is wonderful. I will not be posting my garden tea until tomorrow because it rained yesterday and last night (we are having record breaking rain) and we are waiting for the grass to dry so my husband can mow. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost shared my new Blossom Time teapot this week...but you'll see it next week! Love your set...a favorite pattern. I love the area you live. How fun to see the festival. It's always fun to have tea with guests. Have a wonderful week! Thanks for hosting and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty post, Sandi. Is there anything more beautiful than apple blossoms. Your china is beautiful and I, too, am enjoying s cup of chamomile tea on this rainy Monday. I'll be back to join your tea. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever done a post on where you store all this loveliness when not being used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sandi, your Blossom Time china IS perfect for this time of year! It is just such a beautiful pattern and I loved the way you tied Anne of Green Gables in to it all! Anne would have been delighted to drink tea out of your beautiful apple blossom teacups and would have savored your rhubarb crisp to the very last crumb, it would have been like being at Diana's Great Aunt Josephine's mansion!
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, I just love your Blossom Time pattern and wish I could see the beauty of the orchards and inhale the lovely scent. I can just picture it all in my mind and see from your pretty China what it must look like.
    I would love some rhubarb crisp with a cup of camomile tea! Thank you for hosting and sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some of the prettiest china I have ever seen, Sandi! I remember you posted on it in the past and I have admired it ever since. Beautiful! Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blossoms -- I simply adore that china and as you know I'm not a pink person but that is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Blossom Time china is so pretty and it's interesting to read about its history as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blossom Time is such a pretty pattern. How lovely to have a trio! Thanks for sharing the history behind the pattern. It's so interesting to learn the pattern origins of our beloved teacups.
    Your rhubarb crisp looks so delicious. I've just started baking and cooking with rhubarb and I've been happy with the results.
    Enjoy your week, Nora

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is such a pretty tea set. Your rhubarb crisp does indeed look good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! It was also interesting to learn that a Canadian farm inspired RA's Blossom Time pattern.

    I heard that there will be an Anne of Green Gables 2-hour movie remake airing on YTV in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweet friend, you do have the most gorgeous dishes, specially for tea time and your RA's are always the most beautiful collection, ever!
    I love Rhubarb and your crisp looks so good!
    Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a beautiful pattern Sandi! Love the quote too! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous blossom cup! I have seen something similar at a local antique store, now I know a little history! YUM on the rhubarb crisp - my Nana always made the BEST rhubarb pie, Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love your china! The apple blossom pattern is one of my favorite in Royal Albert. I was fortunate enough to find some pieces of this set and now with what I had I now have a set. Your photographs are gorgeous and I love hearing the story. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. You are always a wonderful hostess!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's nice that you were able to create a trio in the Blossom Time pattern Sandi, so appropriate for this time of year. I saw a BT teacup at the antique market on the weekend and thought of you as I knew you had one. All those teacups I perused and never bought a one! I guess I'm waiting for a special one to call out to me. :-)
    Happy Tea Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Sandi,
    What a beautiful post. I love your Apple Blossom story, your quotes and of course that beautiful china. It is so lovely. Loved learning about it's origin and you have such an eye for taking pictures. Each one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Today's post about Royal Albert's Blossom Time china tied together with Anne of Green Gables and the NS Apple Blossom festival is just lovely! Your rhubarb crisp looks delicious too. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is a beautiful pattern. I used to visit Nova Scotia every year just before I had my oldest daughter. We went to Liverpool as my ex-mother-in-law had a house there. We also visited Annapolis, the Bay of Fundy area and up into Cape Breton. We were never in PEI though. Back then there was only the ferry and we enjoyed everything else so much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that is GORGEOUS! I love your quotes, too. Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to find some of this beautiful china. Thank you for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a beautiful tea set- I'd forgotten how lovely apple blossoms are because it's been 13 years I've been back in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this china as my late Aunt Isobel had the set. I had no idea of the history of it though and find it very interesting. It really is a beautiful pattern for springtime. Have a wonderful week. Oh.. Did you hear about the new Anne of Green Gables movie for TV that CBC is producing? It will be aired next year! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi! I really enjoyed your post today--I enjoy all of your Anne of Green Gables related posts :). So nostalgic. Blossom time is lovely, and it sounds like it has special meaning for you :). I was reading Pamela's comment (since it was last while I was typing this), and now I'm excited about a new movie! You find out all sorts of fun things as these tea parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Sandi ...

    I love your " Anne " quote.. especially since my lilacs are blossoming and the fragrance is intoxicating
    ( ha ha).. Blossom Time has always been one of my favourite sets ... It's always so speeds me back to another life ..... THIS WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL POST..THANK YOU...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been eyeing those apple blossoms for a long time... wish lish, hehehe... I almost won an auction in ebay before then I got distracted and lost the bid... it was a good bid, too bad... I love Anne of Green Gables too. It is one my most favorite movies of all time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do love quotes from the Anne books. Your Blossom Time china is so pretty -- my daughter has some of it, and it is perfect for this time of year. Your rhubarb crisp looks delicious, too.
    Sorry I didn't get up a post to share, but I do still want to visit all my lovely tea friends.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sandi, you've ticked all my boxes today with apple blossoms, Anne of Green Gables, tea ... I'll have to look for an older tea post to link (my post today is Sausage and Biscuits, not tea-related unless you count the fact that everything I eat is accompanied by a cup of tea!).

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the pic of Anne and Mathew. Brings back how much I loved loved loved watching the movie. Happy weekend Sandi....this is the most beautiful time of year. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Indeed would in not be wonderful to bottle all the lovely things.. I love that Royal Albert teacup. It was one of my very first teacups and lol I can't even remember where I found it at I think a thrift store.. A lovely post I love apple blosooms.. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so lovely, Sandi. The scene where Anne and Matthew drive through the avenue is one of my favorites! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sandi, I know I'm late, but I want to let you know what a lovely spring time post with your beautiful Blossom tea set and that sweet spoon! You are so thoughtful! Have a good time with your family!
    Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.