Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 4 August 2014

Welcome Back to Tea Time Tuesday!


I believe I could be a model child if I was invited out to tea every day. ~ Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables - L M Montgomery

Hello my lovely friends and welcome back to Tea Time! I hope you are all enjoying your Summer. 

Excitement hung around Anne like a garment, shone in her eyes, kindled in every feature. She had come dancing up the lane, like a wind-blown sprite, through the mellow sunshine and lazy shadows of the August evening. ~ Anne of Green Gables - L M Montgomery

Excitement has been hanging about my home like a garment for the past three weeks. I have had my whole family home and I took a much needed blogging break during that time.

Family fun and making memories is what the last three weeks were all about. It was my little three year old granddaughter's first visit to the Island and we had such a good time. I will share some pictures at a later date but this is a peek of her with her BFF. My little lambie is the one on the left. 



Her best friend is the daughter of my son's best friend. Unfortunately, the friends live on opposite sides of the country. For now. My son is hoping to move his family back here to PEI in a few years. After this last visit he is most anxious to get here!



I had planned to have a wee tea party with my granddaughter but alas, it simply didn't work out. We were much too busy and didn't have too many quiet times. I will have to wait for their next visit.

While my boys were home they worked on my computer which made an incredible difference. Hopefully it will last me a little longer now without all the hiccups.

Time for tea.....



The Queen Anne's Lace is plentiful this time of year and growing everywhere. I love its graceful poufs of white.




My roses are looking sweet in a Skye McGhie vase called Nostalgia which I found at a garden centre. This time of year I love bringing the posies indoors and after they have finished, I dry their petals in a pretty dish. The scent from the rose petals waft a lovely fragrance throughout the room. 



I am excited to share my new teacup with you today! Royal Albert Blossom Time is one of the teacups I have had on my Acquisition List for some time. 



Just think what a lovely place to live- in an apple blossom! Fancy going to sleep in it when the wind was rocking it. If I wasn't a human girl I think I'd like to be a bee and live among the flowers.~ Anne of Green Gables- LM Montgomery 



This beautiful teacup was gifted to me by my wonderful aunt and uncle when they came to the Island to visit a few weeks ago. They had stopped in at Replacements Ltd. in North Carolina on their way down to Florida and they got this teacup for me. It will always be special, having come from them. Aren't they a beautiful couple? 



My uncle, who is my mother's youngest sibling, was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago and he is fighting the illness with everything he's got!

This is the same couple whose love story I shared a while ago. They are avid world travellers who enjoy taking hiking trips as well as sight seeing but their trips have been put on hold for several months now because of his condition. I would very much appreciate your prayers for him and his lovely wife. They are one of the nicest couples you will ever meet.

Thanks to my aunt and uncle, I now have a trio in this pretty pattern. The plate I had found for six dollars while thrifting in a second hand store in New Brunswick last summer.



I know several of you already have Blossom Time but do you know where the actual pattern came from? 



I have shared its story once before but here it is again in case you missed it. Personally, I find the history of teacup/china patterns fascinating. 


"On a spring morning in 1933, G. R. Palmeter left a meeting of the Apple Blossom Committee at the Cornwallis Inn to purchase china from a representative of the Royal Albert China of England. While there, he asked the salesman about creating a pattern called "Blossom Time," to tie in with the Apple Blossom Festival. A design was submitted and the factory got to work on it.



The design is an actual picture of the Ralph Eaton farm, in the Annapolis Valley. {Nova Scotia, Canada} The apple trees were at the height of bloom, and this worked out ideally, from the factory standpoint.



The result was "BLOSSOM TIME CHINA" which is still in great demand all over the world, even as far as Japan – this over a period of sixty years. ~  Info borrowed from the Internet

I am enjoying tea in my new teacup and having a wee nosh too. Chasing after little ones works up an appetite! Pound cake spread with strawberry jam, banana bread with cream cheese, and part of a billet log make a sweet treat with tea.



Won't you join me?



I am so happy to have you join me for tea today and if you have something tea or coffee related, I invite you to link up with me. You are welcome to also share lemonade, iced tea or coffee, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, or punch in a pretty bowl if you wish. I look forward to visiting you.

Have a beautiful day everyone! 

I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness
Tea Cup Tuesday
Tea Cup Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Tea in the Garden
Share Your Cup Thursday
Home Sweet Home



Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

29 comments :

  1. I'm so happy you had a wonderful break sweet friend. Your little grandgirl is precious and I'm so glad you could spend time with your family. I'm sorry about your dear uncle, prayers will be send for him. The teacup and plate they gifted you is gorgeous, it's just you and they knew that!
    Have a great week back. Thank you for the tea time.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my dear friend, Sandi!!

    I finally have something Tea related to share!!

    I am so glad that you got to spend some time with your family!
    Love your featured tea cup!! Stunning!!

    And I am so very sorry to hear of your beloved uncle's illness! He and all your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.....


    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Wishing you a great week!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you over the last few weeks but happy you had such a wonderful time with your children and their families. I will be adding your uncle to my prayer list!
    I do love that cup and saucer. Never had it myself but will be looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs and prayers that your Uncle will be doing better soon. Love the teacup. Love Anne of Green Gables too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you're back...we missed you! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today I was thinking about what to post....and there You were :) I haven't done a tea post in a while and nothing too special to do today, so I'll be back. Your granddaughter is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for your Uncle Sandi! Your tea cup and china are both lovely!
    That little grand daughter is growing up fast!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandi
    Your Grand daughter is beautiful...
    I am also sending good thoughts for your Uncles recovery.
    Enjoy your summer on one of the prettiest Islands I have visited.
    Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Apple Blossom trio. I've always loved that scene. Thank you for the history. I just know you loved having your family around and your precious granddaughter. What a cutie! Prayers for your Uncle. The Queen Anne's Lace -- gorgeous. My mouth is watering looking at the goodies! As ever, thank you so much for hosting and Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back Sandi, I'm glad you were able to visit with your family over the past few weeks.
    I've seen the Blossom Time teacup a few times for sale but haven't picked it up, your trio is lovely, especially since it was gifted to you.
    Your granddaughter is a sweetie pie, I'd want her closer to me for visits too, and I'm sending a prayer for your uncle to get better.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad to hear what a wonderful time you had with your family. My boys always help with the computer glitches too. This is such a beautiful post. Blessings to your beautiful Aunt and Uncle.Such a beautiful teacup they gave you! (I just noticed how many times I said "beautiful", but so true.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi:
    So glad you are back! Your beautiful posts are so missed when you are gone. But glad your visiting went well and hope you are recovering from the demand of meals everyday. So nice that people are praying for Allan. He wants so badly to 'beat' this thing. Love you..Auntie P

    ReplyDelete
  13. O my that Queen Anne's Lace I adore yours looks lovely.. And that Royal
    Albert Tea cup is one of my first, though I have never used it for tea.. now your post has so inclinded me to do so.. Such a lovely post.. thank you with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi,
    I know you enjoyed time with your dear family! Your granddaughter and her BFF are simply adorable. Won't it be wonderful when your son and his family move back?
    Your Blossom Time is so pretty and what a lovely trio. Your aunt and uncle are an adorable couple and I will certainly pray for him.
    Thank you for hosting your special tea party and enjoy your week, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your apple blossom china is just lovely and I enjoyed reading the story about the pattern, Sandi.

    I can imagine it did your heart good to hear that your family may be moving to PEI in the future!

    Have a lovely week.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. You HAVE been busy, Sandi! Isn't it wonderful, though, to have the little ones to stay - to have them wake up every morning and go to bed every night in your house? We thoroughly enjoyed our having our two wee boys to ourselves for three weeks, and their parents enjoyed having time for the one year old twins. It was win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi--your grandbaby is so cute! It looks like she was having a wonderful time visiting you :). That was really nice of your aunt and uncle to give you that beautiful teacup set (thanks for the history, by the way!). I'm sorry to here about your uncle--best wishes to him and his wife. Welcome back and thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi: Glad to hear you are enjoying the summer! Your granddaughter is a beauty. I hope the time until your son is able to move back goes fast for both of you. Your tea table is lovely. love the apple blossom cups and plate (awesome shape!). I hardy see Queen Anne's lace here in abundance, so I love it on your table. I said a prayer for your uncle and hope his treatments go well. What a lovely pair!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi,
    I'm glad that you are back and happy that you had a little rest and some time with your sweet family. I did miss your amazing posts! Your lambie is adorable! I love Royal Albert's Blossom Time and have just a couple of pieces. Thank you for hosting today! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi: Welcome back. Love your tea cup trio. I will of course pray for your Uncle and his wife. God is able! Sending hugs your way, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Sandi,
    that must have been a wonderful time with your family. Your little granddaughter is so sweet. I am sorry for the illness of your uncle. He and his wife look so sympathic. Your tea cup is lovely and I love the flowers. Thank you for sharing this wonderful teatime and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your granddaughter and her sweet friend are adorable.

    It's nice to see your aunt's husband fighting - I will continue praying for him. Your Auntie is beautiful.

    I adore that pattern. I had one once years ago and sold it, have often regretted it, and seeing yours makes me all over again, but in a happy way.

    Thank you for hosting. I did a Christmas in July themed tea with my niece last week, that week I had a whole bunch of teas. Yikes!

    God bless, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi:
    How amazing that you had that dish not knowing you would eventually have a cup and saucer to go with it. Glad you had such nice family time. This is a lovely posting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So nice to see you back here, Sandi! I am sorry to hear of your uncle's diagnosis and will certainly add him to my prayer list and will pray he gets excellent care and treatment as he rises to this challenge. That's a lovely teacup set you received, and I was so pleased to hear the story behind it. Oh, and I loved the photos of the little ones too. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful post and tea to accompany beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Blossom Time tea cups are beautiful. Loved the bouquets!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sandie, I can feel your joy jumping from this post. Knowing your son wants to move back to PEI and be close is wonderful. And your little lammie is adorable. Have a great week.....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sandie, what a beautiful gift from your Aunt and Uncle! I hope he beats that cancer!! Your little one is so darling and I love the picture of the two bf's hugging!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.