Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 17 March 2014

Celebrate Spring with A Bird Lover's Tea





March
The month of cold mornings and warm afternoons
when the Fairies weave rugs with flowers
adorning the meadows and roadsides with color...
Edith Holden

Happy St. Patricks Day, dear friends, and Welcome to my special tea party! I am  Celebrating Spring with A Bird Lover's Tea.



Like many of you, I am a bird watcher and I always look forward to the return of the songbirds. Spring is only three days away and there are definite signs of it in the trees behind our home. The gold finches are beginning to change into their bright yellow plummage and the days are growing longer. I cannot wait to see green grass and flowers growing in my garden!

Tulips always say Spring so well, don't they? So I have chosen pink and yellow for my table today.


I am using a few different patterns so I decided to use my lace tablecloth and the same topper I used last week.

If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited it will calm you. ~ William Ewart Gladstone


My Victorian Bird teapot topped with a birdie has been invited to my party as well as a few of my little feathered friends.

There are so many wonderful sounds we enjoy in life but the sound of birdsong in the springtime is simply quite magical, don't you think? 



Mr. Blue jay....


Soon the windows will be open and the sweet sound of birdsong will fill my days.

The sweet bird's nest is one my son found for me while on one of his wildlife field trips. It was once home to a red-eyed vireo.



Today I am sharing three of my trios. I hope you enjoy!

The first is Johnson Bros. Rose Chintz which was given to me by my sweet Auntie P. This is my signature pattern for which I've had a love ever since I was a little girl. I adore its pretty sprinkle of posies and that it is oh, so girly! So many happy memories come flooding back to me when I look at this pattern. It also reminds me of springtime.


I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me. ~ Richard Le Gallienne
 


The next trio is one I had shared not long ago which my darling hubby gifted me with for Christmas. It is Staffordshire transferware in a charming green pattern and I am using it in celebration of St. Patricks Day and springtime.


I find joy and beauty in simple things like a beautiful bloom, a bird singing outside my window, and tea in my favourite teacup.

My last trio is Royal Albert Serena.



The plate was gifted to me just recently by my dear blogging friend Bernideen of Bernideens Tea Time Blog. She sent this to me 'Just because!'


She knew I had the teacup and she wanted to bless me with the matching dessert plate. Isn't it  gorgeous? This darling card accompanied the plate. The teapot is topped with a bit of real bling.


Thank you, Bernideen, for your friendship and thoughtfulness. I absolutely love the plate and I will think of you every time I look at it!

But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes


This is my favourite little feathered friend, the Gold Finch.


Because it is St. Patricks Day, I am serving Irish Breakfast tea.

Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage. ~ Catherine Douzel


As well as tea, our tea treats consist of cucumber and cream cheese on whole wheat sandwiches, home made raisin spice scones drizzled with almond icing and accompanied by my raspberry jam and whipped cream.


I have four of these vintage pink sherbets that Hubby got at an antique shop. They are probably depression glass, not sure. They are etched with flowers and vines. Although they don't look it, the bowls of the sherbets really are a pale pink.

One holds an easy-peasy Raspberry jam which I made just for my scones.


This one holds whipped cream.


Birdies on cupcakes....Mr. Robin. When we see the robin hopping about, we know Spring is truly here.


The cupcakes are filled with custard and sprinkled with white chocolate curls. Very decadent!


The butter tarts are easy to make and I'll share my recipe later in the week. They sit on a pink depression glass plate.

Would you like a cup of tea and some goodies?

Happiness is sharing tea with a friend.

I am delighted you have joined me today!

 I wish you a season filled with birdsong, lovely blooms, and joy. Enjoy your cup of tea today and the Lord bless you!  



Your presence always makes my tea party that much more special. It is all about sharing your joy of tea time and you may be as creative, fancy, or as laid back with your tea time as you wish!

Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug that you would like to share with us today? How about a tablescape? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too!

I will bid you good day with an Irish blessing~
 
May brooks and trees and singing hills
Join in the chorus too,
And every gentle wind that blows
Send happiness to you.



I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/
Friends Sharing Tea~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

47 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, you have gotten me hungry, just looking at your table. I could reach right in and get one of those lovely cupcakes! Love the birds on them. Everything is just wonderful, thanks for sharing your lovely table with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi! And thanks for such a lovely teaparty! Love your tea goodies and the china is all beautiful! Serena is a favorite of mine. I love the bird on the cupcake! So cute! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful day...hopefully with spring not far behind!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi! Your tea is so elegant and lovely. The cupcakes look so good, I can just imagine biting into one. As always...I love your pretty white teapot with the little birdie on top. Have a great week.
    xo~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a decadent tea setting, with the most scrumptious goodies:) I fall in love with your amazing collection of tea cups and tea sets each time I visit you....my favorite the pretty Staffordshire! And the Serena is looking so dainty and lovely, another favorite of mine:)Thanks for hosting a wonderful party for us! Have a beautiful week!~hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a sweet tea , dear Sandi, and Bless YOU! I love your trios on your birdie tablescape. Isn't your hubby the sweetest to find such treasure that he knows you will love? The cupcakes look so pretty adorned with the birds and your goodies look scrumptious. I would love to share some tea and treats with you. Thank you for hosting and Happy St. Patrick's Day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, where do I start?! Everything is just lovely, Sandi! I love your tulip vase and your beautiful china. Your treats look so delicious, love the birds on the cupcakes. They almost look like little nests. How sweet of Bernideen to send you that beautiful plate. And I love your cream and jam holders. Thank you for hosting, and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will add my link tomorrow when I post my post. I love Rose Chintz and also have that same teapot, which you can see tomorrow. Oh how I would love having the Staffordshire green teacup. It is beautiful! How lovely to receive that special plate from Bernideen. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've really out done Yourself this time Sandy.Just beautiful,fun and yummy.I just put up a St Patty's tea party.No birds in it I'm so sorry to say :( I love birds in this later part of My life.I would have never dreamed when I was younger that I would be sitting in My outdoor rocker in My patio with binoculars in hand,bird watching each morning.Love to You -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sipping me cup o' Irish tae at this very moment!
    Thank you for the lovely reminders of a new season somewhere on the horizon.. would love to hear birdsong again!

    The birdnest cupcakes are darling ~
    and the trios are lovely to find over time ~ wee treats for sure..

    Have a blessed day!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our weather feels like summer already and I am thinking that I need to have an outdoor tea.

    Don't be surprised if I copy some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A delightful tea table Sandi, you put a lot of thought into sharing your trios and birdies. It was very kind of Bernideen to send you the matching plate 'just because'.
    I like the floppy tulips in the pink hobnail, and the cupcakes look decadent.
    Thank you for hosting, and have a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was such a beautiful tea party and the food looks scrumptious. I LOVED the cupcakes with the bird toppers and the way you worked the nest your son found you into the decorations. The tulips were definitely a good choice to accompany your lovely china.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so lovely for your bird lover's tea today, Sandi. I love your 3 different tea sets and how sweet of Bernideen to gift you with the plate. We are still very wintery here and keep hoping for those lovely days of warmer weather that will melt the snow and ice. Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, everything looks amazing! I just want to jump through the screen and sit down at this table!! All of your treats are drool worthy and the teacup sets are gorgeous!! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi,
    Your teatime is so beautiful today. I love your collection of spring birdies. Thank you for hosting and Happy Spring! Have a wonderful week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Sandi,
    the Birds theme is perfect for you as a bird lover. Your tea pot with the birds lid is so sweet. And all the little bird figurines. Nice idea to make cake toppers from them. Looks supercute. And the cupcakes look gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this delightful spring tea time. And for hosting this lovely event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Somehow in the business of life I forgot you were having a Birdwatcher's Tea. Your post is really sweet and so glad that plated arrived unbroken - right! H0w lovely everything looks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just lovely.. I loved it all.. wish I was there for tea... with love

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my dear Sandi, what a gorgeous tea party! Wish I was going for tea at your house in such a stunning setting to enoy each of your beautiful teacups and things. Yummy food too, with adorable cupackes and those Little sándwiches, yumm!!!
    Thank you so much for hosting. Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I could, I would hop right over to your home for tea. I'm sure I would sigh a big happy sigh just to sit in the presence of all your lovely pretties!

    We've had Robins hopping about for a couple of weeks now but today it has been icing and sleeting. Not spring like at all :)

    Have a pleasant week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Sandy
    I´m very glad to join you again .I love your Bird Lover´s Tea
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandi .... what a lovely tea you have set. Your cupcakes look tres scrumptious ...I think I "need" a cupcake for after dinner...thank you for hosting. Happy Spring..hugs, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Sandi! I promise, I had no idea you were going to post A Birdlover's Tea!! But I also just recently wrote about a new "bird" teacup and welcomed all my fun birds to my tea-table, too! How fun!! All your goodies made my mouth water! And seeing the spring tulips makes me want to go out and buy some fresh tulips for my house...our tulips will most likely come late this year, as we still have LOTS of snow! Thanks for hosting!
    Blessings, Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love those birds on the cupcakes! Birds abound at Linderhof, too -- both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tea looks delightful, Sandi, and makes me think spring will soon come so we can see all the birds and flowers on PEI!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Enjoyed your spring tea so much! Lovely tea sets and table decorations along with the yummy food! Thank you for hosting your tea party!
    Blessings...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Sandi,
    Your bird lover's tea is wonderful! I love the bird houses on the table, and all your lovely china choices. The treats are so delicious looking! I wish I was sitting next to you with one of your pretty tea cups full of tea in my hand!
    Thank you for hosting this cheery blog party : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sandi, thank-you again for hosting this time and I love your birds ! They look so pretty perched on cupcakes . And your teapot is always perfect for tea-time, but especially today.

    I am hoping to do my bird setting later this week, and although I did not post it today, I am going to have a lot of fun with all the inspiration I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything looks so exquisite, and the treats have me drooling! Such a springtime table you laid out there. I love the teapot, and al your lovely pieces especially the transfer ware! The dessert dishes are such a find!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your tea party is a pleasure for my eyes. The bird teapot, the romantic tea cups, the cupcakes, the birds...everything gorgeous
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good Morning Sandi, Lovely tea, special for bird lovers. I so love the little blue jay on the cupcake nest, sweet idea. I'm late for tea today and missed the bird lover's tea party, so sad. I'll make up for it next week as I redecorated a room with many birds this week and could have easily joined in. Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for hosting another wonderful tea party. This one is special because of the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love bird themed tea Sandi. The chickadees have been singing every morning, truly a magical sound. Have a wonderful day. Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Sandi - the songbirds have been singing wonderful choruses here - I so delight in them! Signs of spring are everywhere - it's rare for us to have tulips - they require the cold you get - this year, however, I have tulips returning - we've had an unusual cold. Your tea looks so beautiful and delicious - so delighted to join you, I do appreciate you sharing and hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy St Patrick's Day! Happy Spring! What a darling tea. I saw my 1st Robin yesterday! Thank you for hosting. Always an exceptional party.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sandi, your tea is really beautiful! I love all of the delicious treats you have made and the little birdies atop your cupcakes. Very sweet. Thank you for hosting! Happy Spring!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  37. Positively salivating for your scrumptious teatime today, Sandi! Everything looks amazing - especially the tea treats!! I think I am drawn to the green transferware trio - love the pastoral green shades and the idyllic scenes depicted in these designs. Just the place for birds to be singing! Taking joy that spring is hours away!
    Blessings!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sandi, this is just beautiful!

    I love the pretty trios, the birds perched on the cupcakes, the cute bird-lidded teapot, and the delicious goodies!

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sandi, Your tea party is just lovely...please forgive me for arriving late! You have the most gorgeous food at your tea parties...I would love to have a little taste! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sandi, your tea party is a delight. Your table is set so beautifully that it feels like a gentler time and place. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh Sandi this table is so LOVELY I just want to pull up a chair and join you .Can I ? this is stunning. I too have the exact sherbert glasses(I wish I had a hubby who bought me china what a blessing)Wherever did you get the pink vase I have never seen anything so pretty.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh Sandy your Spring Tea is absolutely gorgeous. You thought of everything, and have presented it so beautifully.

    How I wish I was a close neighbor and could pop in to enjoy this in person with you!

    I am sorry I don't have my spring tea stuff prepared yet, but you know I had my "official" St. Pat's tea party the other day. This is the first chance I have had to get the post done to share with you all.

    Thanks for hosting and bringing so many wonderful tea lovers together for one of BEST link-ups around.

    Hugs and prayers. ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Sandi....I was afraid I would miss your party. I am so glad you kept it open until today. I love all the bird goodies. I don't have many bird things but this makes me want to have a spring tea.
    I know how long the winters are for you. I do hope that spring will soon arrive.
    Much love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a beautiful tea party spread! Those cupcakes with birds and chocolate curls ... heavenly. And since Johnson Brothers Rose Chintz is my everyday pattern, I absolutely love coming across photos of it. Makes me feel instantly at home!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sandi, I love your bird lovers tea! The cupcakes are so, so cute! I wanted to join this party. Love birds, but didn't get around to doing a post. Darn! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.