Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Sunday 19 January 2014

"A Tea of Roses" for Tea Time Tuesday's 4th Anniversary Party


It's not the tea that makes teatime special, it's the spirit of the tea party. ~ Emilie Barnes from "If Teacups Could Talk"

Welcome dear friends to my 4th Tea Time Tuesday "Tea of Roses" Anniversary Party!

I am posting my party early this week because I am having major computer problems at the moment.

I am delighted you have joined me today and I invite you to sit and stay a while. This is a long post so please make yourself comfortable.

Four years ago this week, I decided to begin sharing the things I loved here at Rose Chintz Cottage. I have a passion for many things and afternoon tea time is one of them.

Like many of you, I adore pretty teacups and teapots and I have been collecting them for a number of years. Having been a pastor's wife, I did a fair amount of entertaining over the years and most ladies enjoy pretty china.

My collection began with teapots because I have always been captivated by them. Then, I started to collect Johnson Brothers Rose Chintz, my favourite pattern since I was a little girl, as well as any red transferware I could find.



Then the teacups followed....
There is just something special about sipping tea from a fine china teacup. The chink of the cup being placed back onto its saucer has an almost magical quality to it.



The mere chink of cups and saucers tunes the mind to happy repose. ~ George Gissing

And is there anything more enticing than tea being poured from a lovely teapot?




Johnson Bros. Friendly Village.



The very sight of a teapot puts a smile on the face of most people. One cannot help but think of more serene and genteel times. ~ Barbara Roberts

What do you collect? Do you have a favourite pattern or flower graced teacup?

My china cabinet is filled with many beautiful  pieces of vintage china. It is also filled with memories; treasures from the past.



Each piece tells a story as most pieces came from loved ones; my hubby and my Auntie P. 
I have other pieces which are housed in other cabinets. These came from family members,  friends, and thrifting.

For today's party, I have something new to share. Hubby gifted me with this for Christmas. She is accompanied by these lovely pink blush roses.



Made in England, she is a luscious soft pink and white Royal Albert teapot.  


I have had her on my wish list for a couple of years and I am thrilled to have her finally grace my tea table. {And unless I find one which I simply cannot live without, she will be my last teapot.}



Do you recognise the pattern? She is the New Country Roses and she is made in the Hampton shape which I love.



She is encircled with lovely pink roses and one tiny yellow rose that just peeks between two leaves at the top of the large rose. I think she is exquisite in every way that counts.

Tea would arrive, the cakes squatting on cushions of cream, toast in a melting shawl of butter, cups agleam and a faint wisp of steam rising from the teapot shawl. ~ Gerald Durrel

From the top of her to the bottom, she's a beauty!


RA Lavender Rose cream and sugar which came from my mother.



 I have been searching the thrift shops for a soft pink teacup but couldn't find one so I am using a variety of my teacups today which I thought went nicely with her.



This teacup is RA Old English Rose in the Avon  shape.




This is another RA Old English Rose in the Hampton shape like that of the teapot.


And this chintz teacup made by Maxwell and Williams which is called Rose Bud.


A little nosh with your tea? Some double decker egg salad sandwiches made on Tramezzini crustless whole wheat bread which Judith told us about last week. Makes wonderful tea sandwiches.



Accompanied by Apple & caramel and Strawberry swirl cheesecake from the bakery. 


There is Chocolate and New York Style cheesecake too.


I am having chocolate. What would you like?


The sun is beginning to set and I've lit the fireplace.


Thank you for coming to tea today to help me celebrate four years of tea parties. I have met so many of you lovely ladies from all over the world  these last four years and I am blessed by your friendship.

Many of you have been with me from the beginning and I especially want to thank you for your faithfulness. I hope we can continue to 'come to tea' often.



The sweetest flower that blows
I give you as we part
For you it is the Rose
For me it is my heart. ~ Frederick Peterson

Now I bid you all a lovely day. I hope you enjoy this cute little tidbit I ran across one day.

If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favourite cat, they too, would purr. ~ Martin Delany

I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/
Friends Sharing Tea~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

46 comments :

  1. sandi:
    Your Tea of Roses 4th Anniversary Party was beautiful as usual. You know just how to arrange and array of cups and tea pots so they grace the table and the tidbits you are serving. Anyone would be delighted to sit in on one of your Tea Parties.....I know I do....Love you Auntie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi, Congratulations on your 4 year blogoversary. I too began blogging in January 2010. You have a lovely spirit to go along with your lovely teacups and teapots. It is always a pleasure to visit Rose Chintz Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sandi! Many more, I hope. Your new teapot is perfect for you with the blush pink. Lovely! Everything looks so lovely! Thanks so much for hosting this very special anniversary tea party!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rose cups are dreamy. Swoonnnnnnnn Four years is a fabulous run. Congratulations! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful teapot - colors and style are glorious. This post is so pretty with all the roses. Lovely cheesecake - what's not to love about cheesecake......oooh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 4 years of blogging. I am coming up to my first anniversary.
    I don't know if you have looked at my posts, but I LOVE roses and have about 150 rose bushes, set of rose dishes and numerous rose patterns on fabric, dishes, etc.
    So to see all your lovely rose tea cups and tea pots is wonderful. They are all beautiful and your newest one is so pretty. So enjoy all your beautiful dishes and congratulations.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Tea Time Anniversary! I especially like your rose chintz teacup. Thanks for hosting this fun blog party every week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post Sandi! Congratulations on 4 years of your Tea Time Tuesday posts. I'm so glad I found your blog as I enjoy pretty china and tea and treats. I Love your new teapot! It is such a delicate shade of pink. The cups you chose this week are perfect for your rose theme. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on four years! I enjoy these posts, even if I can't join the tea party. At this time of life the pretty tea cups (many of which I've seen in your posts) must stay in the china cupboard, as there is no time to set the tea table and take photographs - perhaps next year. In the meantime I'll enjoy the tea parties that link in, and lose myself in all the lovely china.

    ReplyDelete
  10. très belle thé party
    avec des services superbes
    bisous
    edith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your anniversary of hosting us for tea during the past four years. I'm glad you decided to start this meme and I've met many wonderful women through it. How I wish I had photographed past tea parties to share but never thought of it until I visited your blog.
    I like the teapot your hubby bought you, it will be hard to say it is the last. The bread was fun to try wasn't it, although too expensive to make a lot of sandwiches. Thanks for the shout out and for taking the time to host each week.
    Hugs,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 4th anniversary. What a lovely tea party. All your beautiful roses!! I collect lots of tea things. My favorite will always be the pansy but they are hard to come by.
    I always enjoy my time at Rose Chintz cottage. Thanks for making it such a lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your collection of teacups and teapots,Sandi. Congratulations on 4 years of blogging. The roses are so pretty and the cheese cakes are prefect for your tea. Thanks for inviting us in.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 4 years of blogging, sweet Sandi. Your new teapot from your hubby is a beauty and I know you are thrilled with it. Your setting looks so pretty in from of the fire. Thank you for inviting us for tea each week and being such a wonderful hostess. Hugs and blessings sent to you and may your computer problems get fixed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi,
    Wow.... four years of Blogging! Congratulations! I just adore your new teapot! Your hubby is a sweetie! That pattern is so very pretty and my favourite tone of pink! Everything looks delicious today too! Wish I could join you for tea and I do agree the tinkle of the cup and saucer is magical! Thank you so much for hosting Tea Time Tuesdays! Have a wonderful week! Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on 4 fabulous years of blogging! You bring so much to each of us with your inspiring posts each week and you beautiful teacups. Thank you for hosting ... and can't wait to see what you will be doing this year.. hugs and blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi, what a beautiful post to celebrate your 4th anniversary serving tea on Tuesday! Love your new tea pot and all of your roses. Delicious! Happy Tea Day and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful new teapot! Everything is so pretty, Sandi. Congratulations on four years!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my what a beautiful teapot Sandi! Nice addition to your collection! It works perfect with that creamer, sugar, and the teacups! Happy Anniversary! I am working on my post will be by in a jiff.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Sandi,
    Thank you so much for having your wonderful blog and inviting us to your tea parties. Four years of beautiful tea times! Congratulations! Love your new teapot and it goes so well with your pretty teacups.
    Blessings....Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Sandi,
    Thank you so much for having your wonderful blog and inviting us to your tea parties. Four years of beautiful tea times! Congratulations! Love your new teapot and it goes so well with your pretty teacups.
    Blessings....Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations my sweet friend and thank you so much for hosting for us this lovely tea party for us. I for one, love to join every week. Your Rose Chintz is exquisite, alng with everything else, as well as the lovely creamer and sugarbowl from your mom...so special! Hope for many more years! Have a w2onderful week.
    FABBY


    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandi: Congratulations on 4 years! It is always a pleasure to party with you. Love the tea pot your husband gave you. It is so very special. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Sandi, on a successful and beautiful blog! Your love of life and beauty really shines through your posts and blesses us all : )
    I am taken with your newest addition! That is the sweetest tea pot! Oh my what nice coloring she has too. You must be using her every day.
    We share a love of beauty and all things tea. I understand how a silly tea cup can mean so much. Thank you for sharing your self with us all, and for hosting and bringing us together too.
    hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello! Lovely photos, nice collection. No, I do not collect any particular pattern or style but do have a sweet set of Brambly Hedge. Congrats on your anniversary & thx for hosting :)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dar Sandi,
    congratulations for the 4th anniversary of Tea Time Tuesday. Its one of my favorites. Your New Country Roses tea pot fits wonderful in your collection. And the treats look marvellous, too. Thank you for sharing this sweet teatime. I hope we will see many more.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratualtions on your 4 years blog anniversary! Your cabinet is just gorgeous!!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh sweet Sandi, lol! I know what happened with the 'road' word instead of the 'door' word in your URL..."I was watching TV on a Spanish channel where they were showing Judy Garlnad's life and she was singing in the Wizard of Oz...'follow the YELLOW big road and it also reminded me that my g'girl Victoria when she was so Little she learned the song in English cause I taught her and we loved to watch the W. of O. over and over! Wow, our minds work in funny ways, don't they? I'm so glad you corrected me caz I would have never imagined, lol!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sandi,
    Congrats on the 4th Anniversary of blogging!! Mine is the end of the month.
    Sorry I do not have a tea post to share with you in celebration but i will next week....

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sandi,
    Congratulations on your 4th anniversary!
    I love your new teapot!!! Your photos are lovely of all your pretty china.
    Are you ready for a nor'easter tomorrow? At least we don't have as much snow now as we had a couple of weeks ago.
    Thank you for hosting these past 4 years.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations, Sandi! Blessings to you as you celebrate four years blessing Blogland with your grace and beauty! You have been an inspiration to me from my earliest blogging attempts just three years ago. I have so enjoyed getting to know you and all the lovely things you share each week. May the Lord continue to bless your home with cups and pots and tea on Tuesdays!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful post to celebrate your 4th Anniversary! I didn't have a post ready for this weeks party...but I am so glad that I stopped by to visit or I would have missed your anniversary! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Sandy, Congratulations on your four year anniversary of hosting Tea Time Tuesdays. What a labor of love! Your Tuesday tea parties are always so beautiful and inspiring. I love seeing ALL your china dishware, and your new Royal Albert teapot is gorgeous. As a lover of beautiful teapots, I have a feeling it won't be your last teapot. ;-) When you read my blog post I'm sure you'll know YOU are one of the ones I was referring to in regards to my transferware collection.

    ReplyDelete
  34. My most sincere best wishes and congratulations on your 4th birthday of Tea Time Tuesday, Sandi!

    What a feat! Thank you SO MUCH for hosting this beautifuly linky party. It is one of the very best there is out there in blogland, ty ty ty!!!

    Your new teapot is GORGEOUS - your collections are absolutely amazing.

    Hugs and prayers to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Sandi, Congrats on your 4th year in blogland. What a wonderful tea party you share filled with such lovelies and yummy treats.
    I love your china cabinet and the beauties inside. Your hubby gifted you the most gorgeous teapot and it just blends with all teacups so nicely. So sweet that little yellow rose peeking at the top.

    God Bless you with continued blog fun and tea time days.
    Sending Anniversary hugs your way.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your new tea pot and of course all your pretty tea cups.
    I am sure you will find a sweet pretty baby pink cup to match your new tea pot.
    Happy 4 years of entertaining us all with your collection

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy Anniversary. The roses are so lovely, as is your new teapot. I'm so glad you shared them.
    My tastes are eclectic, and my collecting has always been haphazard at best. Following you,and a few other 'tea' bloggers I learn so much. Becoming, in my small way, part of the community has helped me to refine my greedy, slapdash acquisitiveness into an organized enjoyable hobby. Thank you for hosting, and for sharing your warm spirit with us.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your new teapot! That pattern is definitely on my wish list! 4 years! Congratulations! It has been a pleasure sharing tea with you on Tuesdays all this time! I do appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  39. Maravillosa toda tu colección Sandi, en Europa quiza es más fácil conseguir teteras o tazas, acá en Argentina se hace difícil y ahora que están de moda son muy caras. Yo he comprado algunas pero no tengo nada comparada contigo.

    Precioso todo. Una belleza para los ojos y para el alma.

    Un beso grande.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sandi,
    I linked up the post that I would have linked up to Home this week!! There are tea sets in it so it does fit in with Tea Time Tuesday. I hope you can get your computer problems fixed soon, Don;t you just hate that??
    Stay warm my friend!! It was -2 here this morning!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is such a beautiful post for your 4th anniversary! Congratulations! I'm going to hunt down a new teapot or two this year and join in again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations on your anniversary! you've been here 4 years and this is the first time I have visited your blog! I really enjoyed what I see :) Your tea vignettes are beautiful. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Sandi,

    Congratulations on your four years of hosting such beautiful tea parties for all your lucky friends! I can sense your passion for all things tea, and your latest teapot is one of the prettiest I have ever seen! Enjoy it and thanks for hosting such a lovely gathering every week. Although I don't have something to share today, it's always a pleasure to be seated at one of your charming tables!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congratulations, Sandi!Happy 4th blogging Anniversary!It has been a pleasure partying with you every week and taking a peek at your exquisite china collection:) Your Royal Albert tea pot is a beauty and the beautiful Rose Chintz pattern has always been my favorite...pretty tea sets remind me so much of beautiful ladies dressed up in Victorian finery...love it! I hope your computer problems will be fixed soon...Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulations Sandi, 4 years; wow! Your new teapot is gorgeous and she goes so well with the teacups you selected. You have some amazing pieces! Would love to sit, chat, sip, and have a slice of NY cheesecake please! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.