Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 11 December 2013

HOME for the Holidays





"Christmas is a season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame for charity in the heart." ~ Washington Irving


Welcome dear friends to my "HOME for the Holidays" Christmas Party!

Christmas is on its way and time is really flying by. I find the busier I am, the quicker time goes. Soon it will be time to hang the stockings.
But in the meantime, do take some time to enjoy the music and the sparkle. Pour yourself some hot chocolate or tea and savour the special season we are in.

I finally have my tree finished. It is much more than a Christmas tree, it is really what I call my Memory Tree because it is filled with memories and gifts from family members and friends.

I used two kinds of sheer ribbon and added more white lights this year. All the colours are soft and give the tree a fairy like appearance. I really like the way it looks.


I will share just a few of my 'memories' with you. A trio of angels under a cloche covered with snow  was gifted to me by my oldest son and his wife.



A porcelain Lena Liu butterfly ornament was gifted to me by my mother.


 This is a little drum which was one of the very first ornaments Hubby and I ever got for our first Christmas tree. It's been around for a long time!


This ornament came from my second son when he was eight years old. I love rocking hoses!



This glass harp was the last Christmas ornament  my best friend gave me before she went home to be with the Lord. I will always cherish it.


A teddy bear drummer gifted to me by my youngest son. All three of my sons play the drums, by the way. They are all very musical.



I have so many special 'memories' that it would take an entire post to share them with you.

This week, I am hosting a Celebrate the Season ~ Christmas Tea party.

My little tree sits sweetly in a toile hat box.



I think Royal Albert's Old Country Roses is perfect for December because of its rich golden, red, and deep pink roses. The teapot was a birthday present from my family this past year. I found the matching sugar and creamer while out thrifting last Summer.




I made Snowballs for our tea this week and promised to share the recipe today.


This recipe comes from an old Purity cookbook that I got when I was first married. Every Christmas I made these little nuggets and my children love them. Hope you do too.

Snowballs
Mix until smooth:
1- 4oz. package softened cream cheese
Gradually blend in:
1-1/2 cups sifted icing sugar
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs {or graham wafer crumbs}
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
Shape into 1 inch balls.
Roll in vanilla wafer crumbs. I used graham wafer crumbs.  Chill. Makes about three dozen cookies.




I was hard pressed to choose some features from last week's party because there were so many fabulous posts which caught my eye. However,  these are my picks for this week:

 Joy @ a Vintage Green shared her wonderful holiday vignette using graters. Isn't it pretty?



Eileen @ The Pink Home shared her darling little pink tree.




Kitty at Kitty's Kozy Kitchen shared her recipe for a delicious ham and potato soup. Yum!


Judy @ Gold Country Cottage welcomed Christmas with a variety of vignettes but this is the one that really caught my eye. I love her little truck under the cloche! Isn't it adorable?
Judy also had the most views on her post; Congratulations!


Debbie @ Debbie-Dabble Christmas showed off the outside of her home all decked out for Christmas. Beautifully done!



Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home simply stole my heart with her darling vignette of dollies decorating the tree in her bedroom. Being a doll lover, I couldn't resist this one.



Carmen @ Country Blessings shared her tree of memories. She has such special little ornaments each representing her children. Charming!



Thank you sweet friends for visiting today. And thank you for welcoming us into your homes every week. I appreciate each and every one of you and I especially love it when you leave a comment to let me know you have been here. 

If you have a HOME related post please feel free to link up with my party. I would love to see what you have to share with us.

"Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let thy beauty and Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest

Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

I am happy to join these parties this week~

What's It Wednesday~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Creating Christmas ~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

31 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi,

    Your Memory Tree is aglow with beautiful and sentimental ornaments. It seems we share some of the same, since our tree is also trimmed with rocking horses, drums and other musical instruments, as well as a little family of Christmas bears.

    Lovely features, today. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful memories :) Thanks for the party, Sandi! Summer greetings and Holiday hugs from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sandi- everything is just so beautiful! Thank you for the recipe, always have wanted to make those and now you have made it easy for me to do so!

    Thank you for hosting. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree has a special glow about it Sandi! It is just beautiful. I love the little tree in the hat box too. Many good links this week this week at my party too, so hard to pick a few!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,
    Your tree is gorgeous and you are right in saying that Christmas trees are memory trees. I like that. Your photos of the Old Country Roses tea set are beautiful.
    Thanks for hosting and have a great rest of your week,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi, your tree looks so pretty with the ribbons falling down it and the soft colours. I like the mix of coloured and white lights. Your Christmas tea is so lovely with the Old Country Roses china. Thanks for hosting. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    I am always honored to be featured at your HOME party with so many lovely participants. Thank you so very much! Also, thank you for hosting and sharing your family's snowball recipe. I know I would love them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Christmas for all the memories it evokes. We have not been home for the holidays in 10 years so it was wonderful to hang all my memories on the Christmas tree.

    Your tree and the memories is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for the feature!! Will be giving you a Shout Out in my next post....
    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Your Tree is stunning and what a beautiful post this was. As was your Christmas Tea post too!

    Thanks so much for always stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sandy...your memories tree is so beautiful. I adore the angels under the cloche. Your toile tree is very pretty and your china is very romantic.I joined you for your gorgeous " home for the holidays".
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sandi, your tree has such a beautiful aura around it, maybe because of all those wonderful memories attached with it...with those treasured ornaments! It looks right off the pages of a fairy tale book..Your Old Country Roses tea set is by far my favorite china and is a beautiful serving piece for a Christmas tea:)Thanks for having us today! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree is beautiful! And so much better because you have such special memories. I love Old Country Roses. My Aunt has that dish set.

    Merry Christmas,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree is beautiful ! Old Country Roses is my favorite! Thanks for the recipe,my Granddaughter and I will try them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so right Sandi....so many wonderful memories on our Christmas trees! Thank you so much for including my "girls" with the other great features this week....Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tree is so beautiful, Sandi. I enjoyed the memories you shared too. Have a wonderful week, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi. I love your memory tree...it's just beautiful. Your other decorations are so beautiful! The cookies look so good, but alas with my allergies I can't make them. But I'll enjoy the vision of those sugarplums!
    Thanks for hosting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your memory tree is really pretty. We have a lot of memory ornaments on ours, too. Thanks for hosting - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi, I really enjoyed seeing your memory tree! I agree that the ornaments given by family and friends are the best. They do help us recall precious times. I have several that were given to us as wedding presents 33 years ago, including two love birds and a church, and they have a place of honor on the tree! Looking forward to visiting the party links. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Sandi. How lovely to have my grater lights featured, a treat to see them on your post. Loved seeing your Christmas tree(s) and all your decorations. Thank you for hosting Home.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved the tour of your tree ~ such lovely memories. Your snowballs look delicious. Thanks so much for featuring my little pink tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola Sandi
    Que hermoso árbol de Navidad!!! Me emociona todo el amor que pones para esta festividad, todos los amigos del hemisferio norte son así. He aprendido mucho de ustedes porque en Argentina somos más frios.
    Un beso grande.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tree looks absolutely beautiful, Sandi - I love the little one with the ribbons in the hatbox! Wonderful posts, beautiful features - always a delight to join your party,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi I so enjoyed your memory tree. The butterfly ornament from you mom must be dear to you. To have the little drum ornament from the first tree, a harp from a friend and memories of wee little boys. All three of them play the drums, little drummer boys, I can see them in the church plays.

    Joy had a great grate idea, Eileen's pink tree, Kitty's soup, Judy's little truck, Debbie, Penny and Carmen all have such lovelies to share. Thanks for making it possible, cheer

    ReplyDelete
  24. merc Sandy pour toutes ces agréables décorations
    le sapin est très beau
    bonne fin de semaine
    tendresse
    edith (iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI Sandie.....beautiful memories...I loved scrolling through them. Not sure if you're getting the snow we're set to get but if yes, stay safe out there and cozy. Hugs and wishes for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful pictures -- thanks for sharing all the loveliness. I will get out my Old Country Roses teacups later -- you're right, they go very well with Christmas décor.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sandi, I did not get linked to parties this week. I had a lot going on. I will be back to party next week. All of the features were wonderful! I love your memory tree. Special memories for sure! The snowballs sound so yummy. I make something similar we call melt aways. Ours have a Hershey's chocolate bar with almonds. I will trying some of yours this year also. Thanks for sharing with our 'Creating Christmas' party!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sandi, your tree is so gorgeous. I love the soft colors you have chosen this year. Words cannot describe how pretty it is. I want to thank you for having my little white truck as one of your features this week. That little truck has become so special to me and it makes me smile everytime I look at it. It will have a permanent place at the Cottage , now, all year long. On top of the honor, to find out my post had the most views is unimaginable, as everyone's were so wonderful, but again I am so honored and thrilled. Thank you for hosting such a lovely party..Happy Sunday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandi, just hopping by to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC later today.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Christmas decor is absolutely stunning Sandi! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.