Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 9 December 2013

"Celebrate the Season" ~ Christmas Tea


"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make everyday a holiday and celebrate just living." ~ Amanda Bradley


Hello all my lovely friends and a warm welcome to my "Celebrate the Season" ~ Christmas Tea!

We just had our first snow storm of the season the other day and it was wicked! We are expecting more snow today. It's a good day for baking and at the moment there is a fruit cake baking in the oven.

"Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers." ~ Anonymous



"Remember this December, that love weighs more than gold."~ Josephine D.D. Bacon


My teapot and teacups are all decorated with roses. Roses in December is my theme for today's tea.




I think Royal Albert Old Country Roses is a lovely pattern for December because of the deep red and gold roses and the amount of gold trim adorning  the pieces. The teapot was a birthday gift from my family this past year and the sugar and creamer were finds last Summer.

"What a lovely thing a rose is." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle



I am using my silver sugar tong from Judith which she gifted me with a few years ago.




Royal Albert Old Country Roses boasts a rich array of red, golden yellow, and deep pink florals for December.




 A Royal Albert Old English Rose teacup that looks lovely with the other.




"God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December." ~ JM Barrie



Please make yourself at home as we enjoy some hot chai tea and some homemade cookies in the soft glow of my little Christmas tree.




"What is the Christmas spirit? It is the spirit which brings a smile to the lips and tenderness to the heart; It is the spirit which warms one into friendship with all the world, which impels one to hold out the hand of fellowship to every man and woman." ~ Anonymous

I made some of my children's favourite Christmas cookies for our tea today. They are called, SnowBalls, and they are delicious! I will share the recipe at my HOME party on Wednesday.



I'm not sure why they're called Snowballs because they are not white. The recipe is from an old Purity cookbook. These are simple little nuggets filled with cherries and oh, so good with a cup of tea or two!

"Love and friendship are the best sweeteners of tea." ~ Unknown



Please help yourself as I have plenty of these little goodies and a little something sweet is always nice with a cuppa tea.

Next week, I hope you will join me once again as I host a Sugar Plum Fairy Tea for our "Celebrate the Season ~ Christmas Tea."  

Merry Christmas! dear friends and thank you for visiting today. If you have a pretty teacup or teapot, a coffee mug, or tablescape, please link up and I will be happy to come and visit you.

"In the light of that star,  Lie the ages impearled;
And that song from afar Has swept over the world.
Every hearth is aflame, and the beautiful sing
In the homes of the nations That Jesus is King!" ~ From the Christmas Song, "There's a Song in the Air"- Josiah G. Holland {1819-1881} Karl P. Harrington {1861-1953}

I am joining the following parties as well~

Bernideen for her "2013 Christmas Thyme Tea"

Sherry for her Home Sweet Home Christmas Linky Party
I will be joining these Christmas parties

A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

28 comments :

  1. Dear Sandi,
    your Christmas Tea post is oh so lovely. The red roses and your OCR-Set are perfect for the time. And I love your sweet little tree, the meaningful quotes an last but not least the yummy little snow balls. I am sure they are delicious with tea. If you want them white, maybe add a bit powder sugar on it. Is this idea good? Thank you so much, dear Sandi, for sharing your delightfull tables as for hosting this wonderful event. Have a great time,
    best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tea set . . . beautiful roses . . . beautiful tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas tea you've set, dearest Sandi, with your Royal Albert tea service. Your snowballs look yummy and I look forward to the recipe on Wednesday. Thank you so much for hosting and I sure wish I could share some tea and treats with you in person. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Country Roses are my favorite! I love your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandi
    I like your theme of roses in December for a Christmas tea, and your table is lovely as usual. The little tree in the red transferware box is so you - dreamy and feminine. Oh yes, and your sugar tongs are sparkling!
    Thank you for hosting every week, it has been a pleasure to be one of your guests and meet so many other nice bloggers who love tea as well.
    I guess I'll be gathering the fairies for next week, they haven't been to tea for a long time. :-)
    Hugs,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect Christmas tea! Old Country Roses is perfect! But then it always is! So beautiful! Your tree is so pretty...and so you! Thanks for hosting, and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. HO HO HO ...
    Snowing outside and baking inside.
    That's Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Sandi...roses are always my favorite! Have a blessed week...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Roses at Christmas! Your Old Country Roses china is perfect with the red roses bouquet. Your snowball cookies are a great idea for a snowy day. the snow storms are reaching all the way to North Texas and the schools were closed on Friday and now on Monday which is unheard of for here. A Merry Christmas Tea Time!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and dear Sandi, I love your C'mas post, is ever so gorgeous and inviting, with the lovely Old Country Roses and pretty tree! Thank you so much for hosting this lovely party. Enjoy the second week of advent.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,
    I do think that Royal Albert Old Country Roses and the Old English Rose china patterns look perfect together. Your little tree looks so pretty in the pink toile box. I just love that teapot on your Celebrate the Season Photo. Wish I could try those cookies with you. Thank you for hosting this beautiful Tea Time. Have a wonderful week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Roses any time of the year. Your Old Country Roses teacup is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This special Christmas posting is just beautiful Sandi! I love all the sparkle and your baked things look wonderful! Also, we do love that Old Country Roses don't we!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! I just love Christmas! happy holidays, Sandi...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely lovely, Sandi - I agree, Old Country Rose is perfect for a Christmas tea! We're getting fog and rain…absolutely gloomy! I would LOVE to see snow this year! I hope you're warm and safe!
    I appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Old Country Rose tea pot , I saw one at an antique shop ages ago and now am kicking myself for not getting it then cause I haven't been able to find one , there are many sizes and styles of this print but the one I am looking for is identical to this one you post here ! I am still hunting . Thanks for hosting and sharing great setups and photos ! I love a cuppa tea with pastries ,cakes and cookies ! Have a good evening 1

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! What festive beauty! Your home looks amazing. Tea time is truly magical there. The red roses look gorgeous with your OCR. Oh and your little tree! *sigh*. You do decorate so well : )
    Thank you for hosting this celebration.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tea set with red roses is just gorgeous!!! I love your little Christmas tree in the toile de jouy vase.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can't beat Royal Albert and roses -- no one does them better. The little snow balls look delicious. I want one (or two)! Lovely Christmas Tea. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi this is an exquisite Christmas Tea and I have to agree roses on Royal Albert are perfect for this time of year. Looks like we both have surprises for Wednesday, can't wait.

    I love your little tree and the snowflakes you presented around, brings a smile to the spirit of Christmas, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi, Your teas are always so perfect. I adore OCR and have 8 place settings and a teapot, but need to get some serving pieces. Gorgeous tea today. Merry Christmas!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  22. You create the most dreamy teascapes, Sandi. I always want to jump into my monitor and BE there with you - I can smell the roses, and hear a fire crackling in the distance, and smell pine and tea brewing - just magical.

    Thank you for hosting wonderful link parties - and congrats for winning my giveaway this time. I will need your addy please.

    Hugs - Michele

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi, you have such a special gift for creating beauty and warmth. Christmas roses are a delightful gift.

    I am hosting a holiday home tour. Days one and two are posted. I hope you be able to come by to visit today and for the coming tour days.♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi,
    It's always so relaxing to take time out to share tea with you! LOVE all your precious teacups and the snowballs look yummy!
    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  25. hello
    un joyeux thé de Noël
    que ferions-nous sans les roses

    " y at-il une oreille assez fine pour entendre le soupir d'une rose qui se fane "
    Arthur Schnitzler

    tendresse
    edith (iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  26. Blessings, Sandy! A lovely Christmas teatime this week with your Old Country Roses - a favorite pattern of mine. All your settings and decor are so elegant. The snowballs look and sound delish - but you're right - they aren't white! Hope you're weathering your snowstorms well. I expect you're far more on top of street clearing ans such up there than we are further south. We had snow this wee, too - and yes - it's freezing! Where's my warm mug of tea . . .
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Sandi, I wanted to share that your post will be featured in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    I appreciate you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.