Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 6 November 2013

HOME



"Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest." ~ Henry Van Dyke

Welcome HOME everyone! I hope you are all enjoying this first week of November.


This week I hosted a tea party with a pink theme.
Pink roses on teacups....



Pink pumpkins and polka dots....



 Pink posies and even pink pudding. If you would like to see more pink, simply check out my previous post.


I am so happy about a deal I got over the weekend! This past Summer, Hubby and I went to  have our car inspected in Summerside and like we always do, we visited a favourite shop while we were there. I spied this beautiful picture and I fell in love with it. But it was out of my price range. Next time we visited the shop, the price had been reduced but I still didn't want to pay what they were asking.




I couldn't get this picture off my mind for months. Then this past weekend, we visited the shop again, and I could hardly believe it!


The picture was still there and it was marked down, from $129.99 to $39.99! That's almost a hundred dollar reduction. Too good to pass up and I just knew it was meant for me! Now, I'm doing the happy dance!


It is a photo of Kuekenhof Gardens in Holland taken by world renown UK photographer, Tom Mackie. My photo certainly doesn't do it justice. It it much sharper than it appears here but you get the idea. We hung it on the wall in the den opposite the sofa where we can enjoy it. The walls are painted a soft blue so the picture really looks good in there. It is a large picture, 40 X 30 X 1-2/3, and it has the wall all to itself.
Now, in the middle of the winter when the ground is frozen with ice and snow, I can look at the peaceful scene and dream of springtime.

Here are some wonderful features from last week.....

Elizabeth @ The Porcelain Rose shared her scrumptious lacy pillows she created. Aren't they beautiful! She also received the most views.



Lynda @ Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan shared the darling stools she painted with a bird motif. LOVE them!




Debbie @ Debbie-Dabble shared a little bit of everything but one of the things that really caught my eye was her gorgeous Fall wreath.




Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home shared her adorable life-sized pilgrims that she dolled up with her 'Penny touches.'

I

Millie @ Wreathmaker shared some small changes she made in the reading area of her bedroom. Love the colour!

013

Jann @ Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson shared a lovely armoire which she transformed from brown to a beautiful duck egg blue. I so love this!

IMG_2746

Thank you everyone for welcoming us into your homes every week. It is because of you that this party is so much fun and it wouldn't be a party without you.

If you have something HOME related, please create a post around it and link up below. I will be happy to come and visit you. If you would like to be featured, please be sure to have a link back to my HOME party. Wishing you all a beautiful day.


"Lord this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy beauty and Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Place


I am joining the following parties as well~

What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Thrifty Things Friday~ http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.ca/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

27 comments :

  1. I can certainly see why you couldn't get the picture out of your mind...how lovely! I am glad that it waited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pink tea party, Sandi. The little pumpkins are adorable. My lil'pink princess would love them too! Thank you for hosting! Wow, great price on the picture - it was meant to be :) Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for the feature!! I will give you a Shout Out in my next post on Debbie-Dabble. I have been doing a few posts over on the Christmas blog.... Thanks for the party!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful features. This is a very nice party. Love the picture you purchased. So springy indeed! I will be linking a garden post - yes, there is still something to see in the gardens! :)
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet pink tea! Love the pale pink and white polka dots! Sandi, you were incredibly lucky with that beautiful photograph! The price tag, aside from being drastically reduced, also had your name on it, it seems!

    Thanks for hosting!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, thank you so much for featuring my bird and nest stools! Thank you for the party!! Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful when we get something we are longing for... Your pink party is beautiful.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your polka dotted pitcher! Great deal on the picture, I know you were thrilled. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new picture is just gorgeous....and what a savings!!! I can't wait to see it hung! Thanks so much for hosting every week and also for the feature.....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your sweet pumpkins...especially the polka-dotted one. :) What a lovely blessing to get that gorgeous piece of art for such a steal! Yay you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi, your featured posts are awesome- just WOW!

    I am so happy you found that wonderful large print - and at such a savings, yay whoo hoo!!

    I really love love love those bird and nest themed stools you featured, aren't they something else?

    Thank you for hosting a wonderful linky party.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous find! The photo is fantastic and your pink tea is so sweet and romantic
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is amazing the picture was still there after all this time and it was reduced ? girl it was waiting for you ! Love your rose tea cups and saucers . Wonderful post and photos ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi my sweet friend, thanks so very much for the feature! So many lovely things. Especially those pillows! So glad you got the picture. What a bargain. Happy week!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola Sandi
    He llegado tarde al té por problemas de salud. Siempre maravillada por tu vajilla rosada, tan elegante, y tus post tan originales y mágicos.
    Te dejo un beso y un abrazo querida amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting Sandi. What a treasure you have in your wonderful framed photo.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi,
    I didn't link up this week, but wanted to stop by. I love your serene, peaceful looking picture. What a deal and how happy it will make you looking at that beauty each and everyday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi,
    I have been visiting youngsters and haven't visited you in awhile. This is one of the sweetest and prettiest
    little Tea parties ever!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a deal on that picture Sandi. Thank you for hosting and for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful surprise!!
    Thank you for featuring my handmade pillows.
    What a deal.... a steal! You are right..... sometimes it's just meant to be. A few years ago my mom and I went antiquing. We drove all over the state visiting small town antique shops. I found a gorgeous antique pillow but thought it was to expensive so I passed. When I got home I looked online to see if I could find something cheaper. Cheaper???? Boy was I dreaming! Everything I found was way, way more expensive. A few months had passed and I decided to revisit that shop.... and to my surprise.... the pillow was still there and... they were having a 20% off sale. I too.... did the happy dance.
    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous picture and sweet story with us.
    Warmly,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, congratulations! Love that deal for you! Beautiful artwork! Wonderful features - so delighted to join your party - I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a pink girl so I love your tea! What a fabulous deal on the photo and I can tell your really love it! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I"m a sucker for a good deal and that beautiful picture was 100% meant for you. I loved how it kept going down and no one bought it. It had to go through the process of coming to where you'd walk in and take it home. Much like the stuff we go through in life....there's a process....and a timing for everything. Hugs Sandi. wishing you a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi, What a beautiful post filled with so many inspiring vignettes and beautiful features.
    The art piece you loved is gorgeous.
    Have a wonderful weekend and blessings always.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi! I'm so glad you got your beautiful picture! I'm sure it's gorgeous in your blue room. Thanks for letting me know you stopped by. I need to get back in tea mode! Your pinks and pumpkins are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm adoring the polka dot pumpkin - gorgeous picture! So glad you got it! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.