Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 30 October 2013

HOME



"HOME is the nicest place there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

Hello dear friends and welcome to my last HOME party in October!


Next week, we will all be thinking about Thanksgivng and Christmas although we already celebrated our Thanksgiving here earlier this month.

This week at my tea party I shared some pumpkins and some pretty purple tea things.

This wee pumpkin in the teacup got some sparkle.





You can check out more of my tea party in the previous post.

I never showed you my Autumn mantel so here is a photo of it. I wanted something simple with just a little bit of bling. Sorry about the reflection. It's difficult to get a picture without moi in it!


A basket of dried hydrangeas in varied colours accompanied by some mercury glass candle sticks and a candle snuffer is the extent of my decorating here. 

The sun was streaming in and it was hard to get a photo of my ceramic pumpkin pie keeper which I have sitting on the coffee table.




 Inside the inscription reads, "Give Thanks for our Family and Friends." I filled it with potato chips for company the other night.


It sits on the coffee table which was once a dark walnut and I painted it white several years ago.



Here are a few of the features from last week's party.

Kitty @ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen shared her recipe for Amish Cheeseburger Soup. I thought her table setting looked as yummy as the soup itself!


Poppy @ With a Dash of Color shared a wonderful pumpkin vignette. I love her use of gourds and mercury glass!



Eileen @ The Art of Living Beautifully shared her stunning fireplace reveal. I love it!



Kathy @ A Delightsome Life shared a simple but beautiful pumpkin and roses vignette.

Pink Roses White Pumpkins 5

Dianne @ Shabby Gals shared her rocking chair makeover. Love the colour!


And who had the most views last week?
My Canadian friend, Millie @ Wreathmaker shared a lovely post about the scents of Autumn and the wonderful memories they evoke.
Congratulations, Millie!

002-1


Thank you everyone for inviting us into your homes every week. If you wish to be featured, please be sure to link back to this party. It is always a delight to have you join me.

If you have something HOME related then please link up below and I will he happy to come and visit you. Enjoy the rest of your week, my friends.

"Lord this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy beauty and Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest

I am joining these parties as well ~

What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

28 comments :

  1. Fotoğraflar süper! :) Turkiye'den selamlar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your featured posts are awesome, Sandi!

    And I absolutely love how you put your mini pumpkin in such a pretty teacup, too.

    That "Leaves" candle she has shown is what I am burning as I type this - also have the plug in scent of that too, one of my FAVS scents of Autumn!

    Thanks for hosting, we're not evil, my daughter just likes Halloween decor, and we had such fun.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantle looks beautiful, dear Sandi, and I love your pie keeper on your coffee table. Thank you for featuring my table this week along with all the other wonderful features. What a lovely hostess you are and I love coming to your HOME to party. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the glittery pumpkin and your gorgeous tea party dishes. They're just beautiful. Thank you so much for featuring my fireplace makeover reveal, too! Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, I love, love, love your pie keeper! I am using some of mine as burner covers now, but have used them in other vignettes in the past....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful features, Sandi!! Once again, Thanks so much for your visits and for the party!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,

    Lovely pie keeper on that gorgeous coffee table and your mantel is so soft and feminine! Thanks for hosting and have a happy week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for mentioning me today...so sweet! Your coffee table looks so good in white, and the pie cover is so nice. I wouldn't have thought of using it for anything but pie, and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,
    Great features. Thanks so much for hosting and have a nice rest of your week.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coffee table in white in gorgeous. I love your mantle and the pumpkin in the so lovely tea cup
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. All so very pretty ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a Happy Halloween .

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such beautiful vignettes Sandi. Thanks for hosting Home, love joining in. Halloween Happiness for the kids tomorrow.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the party, Sandi! Beautiful features and the glittery pumpkin is adorable :) Have a Happy Halloween! Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, I enjoyed all the pretty pictures in this post. T hey made me smile. That turquoise chair makes me want to paint ours to match our house which is Covington Blue... or thereabouts.

    Thank you, my friend, for your kind condolences. We all feel a bit like we have been under siege, but The Lord is seeing us through as are the prayers of friends. Thank you soooo much for yours.

    xoxoxox

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much,for highlighting my autumn vignette! It totally made my day:) I love love love your pretty cup and tea pot in lavender hues...so delicate and feminine! You always have the prettiest tea cups and saucer! The mantle looks gorgeous with the dried hydrangeas and the beautiful mirror...I love the vintage look it has! Thanks for always inspiring us with the prettiest post! Happy Halloween! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post!!! As always... I know you don't hear much from me, but I always enjoy your posts. I save the email with your post for last so I can savor it without having any other distractions! :)Have a wonderful week!!!
    ~Beth

    P.S. I need to get in touch with you... if you could send me an email at: beths{dot}embellishments(at)gmail{dot}com
    I'd really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi,I so love your mantle and that beautiful violet tea set. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi,
    Visiting from a portable book conneted to McDonalds this am. Sorry about the link back, I wasn't able to do it any other way on my site.

    I just love your pumpkin in the tea cup.I have a lot of dark furniture also that I'm thinking of painting white and anitquing it, especially after seeing some of the work your guests have been doing. I hope Iremember to go back and visit Poppy to find out what mercury glass is.
    We are moving onto St. Andrew's today perhaps I'll find something interesting.
    take care,
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. un très joli dessus de cheminée
    les hortensias donnent
    toujours un merveilleux effet
    et cette petite citrouille
    dans la tasse quel délice
    tendresse
    edith (iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good tea post! I enjoyed looking at all the pretty photo's. Love the tiny pumpkin in your teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Sandi, so honored to be featured - it is always a joy to join your party - I love your round coffee table - it looks marvelous white and the sweet little pie keeper is marvelous - I do appreciate you sharing and hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love your fall mantle. Your mirror is soooo beautiful! It's the star, only simple elements required.
    Lovely! Thanks so much for hosting.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your autumn mantle! That mirror is just gorgeous by the way :) Your little sparkly pumpkin is super cute too!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi....it's been raining here and amazingly some flowers and roses popped out. Reminds me that even in the harshest times.....we too are resilient. Wishing you a beautiful week....from my heart to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sandi, I am late getting here, but thanks for hosting. Love the features! I am so looking forward to our Thanksgiving. Hope yours was wonderful. Your pie keeper is such a nice piece! Thanks also for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful post my Dear Friend - do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sandi:
    I have backed my way clear to this Oct 2013 post. I remembered you had a Serena cup and saucer but could not remember if you had more than one or if you had a plate? What do you have? I can't tell you why! he-he

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.