Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 23 October 2013

HOME


"The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."~ Maya Angelou

Welcome to my HOME,  a place where I share the H-heart  O-of  M-my  E-environment with you.

This week I took you on a little walk down one of our many trails here on the Island.


As you can see by the leaves on the ground, the colour will soon disappear for another year.  Amost time for Christmas lights; yay!


I hosted another Tea Time with my blue and white china complimented by some yellow mums from the front step.



The collector plate is one my father passed on to me and it is a Sandra Kuck plate called "A Time for Love." It is precious!



Last week we celebrated Thanksgiving and I don't know about you, but I love turkey [or chicken] and I don't really get tired of it. One can do so much with the left overs. I made hot turkey sandwiches,  turkey wraps, a turkey casserole, and soup. Sometimes I make Chicken a la King and Chicken Diablo as well as chicken salad. The possibilites are endless!

Today I will share my recipe for Overnight Chicken or in this case, Overnight Turkey. This makes a large casserole and is wonderful for company served with a salad and hot biscuits or rolls.


Overnight Chicken/Turkey

3-1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
2 cups milk
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 can cream chicken soup
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, diced
1/2 lbs. Velveeta cheese, cubed

Combine all ingredients and put into a buttered casserole dish and refrigerate overnight or all day. Remove and mix well. Top with bread crumbs.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Yummy!



The following posts are my picks from last week's party. 

Joy @ A Vintage Green shared two lovely ideas with us. She turned an old brown chair into a pretty one with paint and adding a stripe. It matches the little box which she also painted.


She cut some frost-bitten mums from her front porch and arranged them in a silver teapot. Pretty!


Jann @  Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson found this old brown wooden table and brought it home. She gave it a new look with some paint and a transfer. Love it!

IMG_2540

Cynthia @ Cloches and Lavender shared a really cute acorn tree.

DSC_0069_wm

Trish @ Lily-Rose Cottage shared the outdoor pizza oven her dear hubby built. Can you imagine all the goodies coming forth from that?



And who had the most views last week?
Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home shared this darling little vintage stove she picked up at an auction and apparently the oven still works!



What a talented and thrifty group you are! Thank you for welcoming us into your homes week after week. It is always a pleasure to visit with you. If you would like to have your post featured, please be sure to link back to my HOME party.

Do you have something HOME related? Please feel free to share it with us. Simply create a post around it and link up below. Wishing you all a  beautiful day!

"Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let thy bounty and Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest


As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~
What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits ~ http://www.stonegableblog.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

32 comments :

  1. You have so many creative ways of using turkey...the recipe you shared sounds great. your home must be filled with delicious scents. Thanks for hosting these great parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely recipe - I will be trying this one for sure as it looks like "comfort food"!!! Lovely posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Sandi
    Llegué tarde para la hora del té y me vine para tu entrada sobre los placeres del hogar. Precioso otoño, imagenes maravillosas, igual que tus tazas, algunos platos me recuerdan a los de mi abuela que tengo guardados.
    Un beso grande.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi,

    Great ideas for those turkey or chicken leftovers! Lovely features; love that cute white end table!

    Thanks for hosting!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love left over turkey and your recipe looks yummy! Thank you so much for featuring my little pink stove and also for being such a gracious hostess each week! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first image is so pretty - I'm ready for the leaves to turn and really look like that! Thanks for hosting - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi...The turkey casserole sounds delish. Think I'll try that one! Thanks. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I love Autumn leaves on the ground - and still on the trees too. The beauty of nature :) Thanks for the party, Sandi! Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a comforting looking casserole, dear Sandi! I guess we both used Veleeta this week in our meals. I love your meal on your pretty red transferware plate. Thank you for sharing the lovely features and for hosting your party. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the delicious recipe. The plate is gorgeous
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well a belated Happy Thanksgiving. We celebrated an early one this past weekend since our son was home from Texas. We are loving the leftovers!!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi,

    I have a lot of catching up to do - been away a while, so glad to be back.

    Thanks for hosting - big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. That recipe looks like a keeper! :) Thank you for hosting !

    ( just made turkey rice soup today with half a split breast..I think I could use the other half for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sandi, thanks for the feature. I am so happy to be posting a bit. I have missed it with us selling our home and building a new one!!! Stop by for a visit and see what has been going on!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi, you always have the most delicious, quick and easy recipes...love the Overnight Chicken looks absolutely yummy, gotta pin it! The blue willow tea setting is so pretty and elegant as always:) Thanks for having us over! hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi...you sweet island is so beautiful every season. I so enjoyed the photos this week.

    Love the features this week, too! Thanks for a lovely party!

    Wishing you An Extraordinary Day!
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your casserole sounds delicious! What a great bit of comfort food. Your features are just lovely - I just love that little table. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for visiting me Sandi ! I haven't been blogging for awhile, since our July storm.
    Your photos are beautiful and I'm hungry for turkey now too.
    (())
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is always so many meal combinations to follow Thanksgiving dinner. This year we enjoyed dinner at our daughter's farm. I took home the makings for soup and it turned out to be the best soup base I've ever had, got to love turkey.

    Sandi this looks like such a yummy recipe you are sharing today. Chicken a la king is one of my favourites.
    I see many leaves falling these days and the colours are fading fast. Thank you for sharing some beauties from last weeks post, I'm going to try and get around to some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi! Thanks for your kind comments about bleaching pinecones, following,and inviting me to visit! Your blogs are lovely and your latest casserole recipe sounds delish! Love reading about your countdown to Christmas too. I'm sure you'll have fun bleaching pinecones for your holiday décor!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi,
    Visiting you and all of your beauty that you have so graciously shared with us! Your leaves are so beautiful! I would love to walk down that Fall path-
    Such special treasures too, a lovely blog post for me to start the day with!
    Autumn Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for hosting!! Beautiful features! I forgot to wish you Happy Thanksgiving! I wish ours was earlier like Canada's is. Ours being at the end of November makes no sense as the Harvest season is long over by than......

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi,
    I also wanted to Thank you for your visits and i saved the recipe from this post!! It looks so good...Thanks for sharing it with us all!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Sandi, wonderful posts and features this week - so delighted to join our party - I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. merci pour le partage
    de cette recette
    un bel intérieur chaleureux
    tendresse
    edith (iri) France

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sandi.....that autumn pic is beautiful. I love that no matter where we are.....He shines in nature. Wishing you a beautiful Friday and sending tons of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Sandi for hosting this wonderful party. And thank you for the recipe, no more leftovers for my dog.

    I like that little tree decorated with acorns.

    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for hosting! The island looks beautiful. Our trees haven't peaked yet and it is not normal, usually this past week would have been the best color and most trees still look like summer here. It has been a weird weather year.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Sandi
    I hope our next visit to your beautiful Island is in the Fall as I know we would love the changing colours of the Season.
    Thank you for hosting!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such cute features! Love that little stove.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sandi, what a sweet surprise! Thanks so much for the feature. I so appreciate it! I love turkey also. I make a similar casserole with my left overs. Pinning yours to try a variation. Sounds yummy! I missed linking up this week. Thought I had, but guess not. I will be back next week. I adored that stove of Pennys too! And Joys painting, wow! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.