Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 14 October 2013

A Pink Tea for Tea Time Tuesday


"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy." ~ Anne Frank  



Welcome, my lovely friends, to a special tea party  and Happy Thanksgiving to all of my  Canadian friends! May you enjoy a bountiful feast and good health in the coming year.

"I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion." ~ Henry David Thoreau


Today's tea party is about sharing something pink and this glittered pink pumpkin which I painted and decorated adds a bit of fun. 

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I thought it would be nice to show our support by having a Pink Tea Party.

We have all been touched by this dreaded disease in one way or another. Some of us have beat it while others were taken away from us.

Maybe you have a family member, a friend, or even you yourself have encountered this terrible disease. I lost my best friend to breast cancer and I have had a couple of scares myself. Thankfully mine turned out be benign. But for thousands of women who have been struck by it, our hearts go out to them.

We offer up our prayers and we continue on praying, hoping, dreaming, and doing what we can to eradicate this disease. It takes the lives of countless loved ones every year. Grandmothers, mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, nieces, friends, and even some of the men in our lives. Breast cancer shows no mercy.

Dear Lord, help us to find a cure soon!



A pink themed tea party is not difficult for me as it is one of my favourite colours. 

My roses are a deep shade of pink but appear to be almost salmon pink in the photos. They are in a pink pitcher but the light is making it appear almost orange in colour.

I am using my Royal Albert Lavender Rose as well as a couple of other pieces. As most of you know this was my mother's china and she passed it on to me.






A RA Serena teacup goes nicely with the Lavender Rose, don't you think?



Both patterns, Serena and Lavender Rose have pink roses with touches of lavender.


"Every person's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers." ~ Hans Christian Anderson {1805-1875}

This elegant bone china figurine, Shirley, is made by Royal Doulton and her frock covered with  roses resembles RA Lavender Rose.






Shirley was a gift to my mother when she was collecting her china. Isn't Shirley graceful? She now brings beauty into my home.

"What a lovely thing a rose is." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Are you ready for some tea treats? I made cupcakes frosted with pink icing just for this party. They sit prettily on my fluted pink cake plate.



I have some raspberry coconut marshmallow treats as well.


Cuppa tea?


Cream or sugar?






Victoria Garden tea is ready in the teapot. A delightful mixture of ceylon black tea, china green gunpowder, vanilla flavouring, rose flowers, lavender flowers, and vanilla.


Tea is a hug in a cup. ~ Patrick Jane -"The Mentalist"


We could all use a hug, so please help yourself.


Pink represents femininity. It is also associated with romance, love, friendship, harmony, compassion, relaxation, and companionship. Pink is considered a colour of good health. 



Now for those of you who didn't have pumpkin pie this weekend or if you did and you haven't had your fill, I have pumpkin pie with pink whipped cream. 


Thank you for coming to my Pink Tea today. I am delighted you could drop by! Please take care of yourself and be sure to have a mammogram regularly. Here's to your good health!



"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross



I dedicate this post in memory of my friend Carol.

As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Inspire Me Tuesday ~ http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/
Friends Sharing Tea~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

35 comments :

  1. Your pink tea is a wonderful tribute to Breast Cancer! Your mother loved china, too! The set of Lavender Rose is so lovely and Shirley is the perfect figurine to complement it. The pink treats look very tasty for tea time! Thanks for hosting this pretty tea and have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post this week...I love Shirley. Have a great week...hugs Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful pink tea post Sandi. I love the shot of your pretty teapot from above. Happy Thanksgiving and have a lovely week.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I forgot...Shirley is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tribute to honor October's Cancer Month. My prayers go always for the ladies in the world that are battling it right now and for a Cancer Free society. Thank you sweet lady for hosting this very special party.
    Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandi, both for your words and photos and for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You made me want to put out a whole lot of pink things today! I love the figurine- she makes me want to twirl around and dance! The table looks so inviting and the treats so yummy too.
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello
    je participe à cette journée
    un tea rose
    suivez moi
    à bientôt
    tendresse
    edith ( iris ) France

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sandi,
    What a perfectly beautiful pink tea with some of my favorite china pieces. Everything looked so very pretty and for a good cause as well.
    Prayers for those in need, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your pretty pinks, dear Sandi! What treasures you have from your Mom. Thank you for hosting your tea party. Tea really is a hug in a cup, isn't it? The last quote was beautiful, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi! Wonderful post with so many favorites of mine! I love Serena! Thanks so much for hosting and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Sandi, for hosting such a worthwhile party. Your tea set is so beautiful and everything looks good enough to eat!! Wish I had a piece of that pumpkin pie! Having been touched by all cancers too much lately, I appreciate you doing this..Happy Monday and Happy Thanksgiving..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sandi
    I'm glad you're using the Lavender Rose china pattern, it is a favourite. it would appear Shirley is wearing this pattern, the perfect little figurine to have with us.
    You have a nice array of pink treats to have with tea - especially the pink whipped cream for the pumpkin pie.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, Everything about your tea is lovely, from the darling little pink pumpkins, to the roses, to the china and treats! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful post Sandi. My mom just finished treatment for her second round of breast cancer so this is a cause near and dear to my heart. Your pretty pink china and table scape is so pretty. Thanks for this sweet post.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post is so beautiful and it' s an important tribute to breast cancer.I love your pink tea, the tea cups are very romantic and Shirley is very pretty
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy thanksgiving, Sandi! What a beautiful table to celebrate a special occasion.beautiful tea things and yummy sweets...christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many beautiful teatime accessories, from your beautiuful roses to the lovely teapot and teacups! Your sweet figurine and the pink cupcakes, so perfect for tea! A wonderful tribute for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Happy Thanksgiving to you, also! Thank you for your special tea party!
    Blessings..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful teatime accessories, from your beautiuful roses to the lovely teapot and teacups! Your sweet figurine and the pink cupcakes, so perfect for tea! A wonderful tribute for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Happy Thanksgiving to you, also! Thank you for your special tea party!
    Blessings..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful and post and wonderful tribute to battling this disease

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi this is a gorgeous tea. So glad to join you today for the Breast Cancer Awareness "pink tea". Thank you for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Dear Sandi,
    Your post today is so very loving! Thank you for having this very special tea time.

    Those desserts and treats are so delicious looking : ) oh my!
    Everything looks inviting, lovely and beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Sandi,
    Your BlogSpot is so beautiful and inspirational again today. I love it all! Your teacups are especially lovely. Thank you for hosting such a very special teatime today. Have a wonderful week! Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Sandi, you always remember in advance that October is the month of Breast Cancer Awareness and I thank you for that.
    Your pink tea is lovely with the rose china, the porcelain figurine and delightful treats.
    It was a pleasure to join you in this special event.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Sandi,
    yesterday it was very late when I linked in. So I come back today to comment your wonderful post. Its alwys a sweet treat to visit your tea times because you make them so special. Its a loely tribute to the Breast Cancer Awareness. hirley is just wonderful. I love the Lavender Rose pattern so much. I see very seldom such special pieces like your nice figurine. Thank you for sharing this wonderful tea time and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sandi,
    Such a lovely post and I just love the pink and roses of this Serena tea cup and saucer set. This is a wonderful idea and reminder for us and everyone about the awareness of Breast Cancer.

    How was the pumpkin pie and pink icing? Your Shirley is so elegant. We get a second cupcake in a tea cup, I love the idea. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Everything is soooo beautiful ! Happy Thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Sandi, Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope you have a blessed day - Shirley is absolutely gorgeous - love all your beautiful pink teacups! I do appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sandi: Beautiful! You are a very precious soul. I am so glad I know you. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am sitting in the cancer wing of the hospital, enjoying every precious minute with my ill husband. Your incredibly beautiful blog is much appreciated. And brings much grace to my day. Thank you so much! Mary h

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am sitting in the cancer wing of the hospital, enjoying every precious minute with my ill husband. Your incredibly beautiful blog is much appreciated. And brings much grace to my day. Thank you so much! Mary h

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a nice idea for a link party. Beautiful sentiments here, as you said, we've all been touched by cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A pink and perfect post in honor of your friend, Carol, and all our sisters who have been touched by this terrible disease. Lavender Rose is one of my very favorite patters, so I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your display today. Though, I own, I might have been on sugar overload for all the sweets! You are the most gracious hostess, milady!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful pinks for a wonderful cause Sandi! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.