Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 6 May 2013

A Special Tea Time Tuesday


"I feel as if I had opened a book and found roses of yesterday sweet and fragrant, between its leaves." ~ L.M. Montgomery- "Anne of the Island."

Hello sweet friends and welcome to a very special Tea Time Tuesday!

The month of May is a joyous month in our family as we have many occasions to celebrate. Anniversaries, birthdays, and Mother's Day, keep us celebrating week after week all month long.

"An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joy of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow." ~ Unknown

Today is my hubby's and my Anniversary. He is not only my mate but my very best friend. Our faith is a wonderful part of our marriage and we are so blessed to have each other to share it with.

The day we were married, it was a bright sunny day with a very chilly wind blowing but we hardly noticed. We were so happy to be setting out on our new life together.

At least once a day, Hubby and I enjoy having tea  together and today I am using my Lavender Rose tea set. Hubby prefers a mug but I will set the tea table with teacups just for my post today.


This is the set I started for my mother when I was first married. Believe it or not, I didn't want a set of good china when I got married but I wanted my mother to have it. 


Early in our marriage I worked at a jewelery store and they carried such beautiful china patterns.


I thought Royal Albert Lavender Rose looked like my mother so I started the set for her.


Now after many years, it has been passed back to me. Royal Albert makes such beautifully shaped teacups. This is the Montrose shape.


I love the little leaf design on top of each handle.



Would you like some dessert?


"The very act of preparing and serving tea encourages conversation. The little spaces in time created by teatime rituals call out to be filled with conversation. Even the tea itself - warm and comforting - inspires a feeling of relaxation and trust that fosters shared confidences." ~ Emilie Barnes - "If Teacups Could Talk"



These little desserts are decadent chocolate cups filled with chocolate raspberry mousse which have been adorned with a fresh raspberry and a chocolate crown. They are as good as they look!


And no, I cannot take credit for making them. We got them at a bakery. Sometime I would like to tackle making them. They are scrumptious and my hubby couldn't wait to eat one!

Happiness is sharing tea with a friend.


"When I started counting my blessings my whole life turned around." ~ Willie Nelson

"Happy Anniversary, my Love!"

Also on this special day is my dear Uncle Doug's birthday. Today he celebrates 90 years young!




How we love this gentleman! Uncle Doug hails from jolly old England and has won our hearts with his charming accent and big heart. I love listening to the stories of his life and especially of his visits to Stoke-on-Trent or The Potteries as it is considered to be the home of the pottery industry in England. He knows how to enjoy tea in a fine china teacup. Happy Birthday, Uncle Doug! 
Hope your day is as special as you are!



"The sweetest rose that blows
I give you as we part
For you it is the rose
For me it is my heart." ~ Frederick Peterson


Thank you for coming to tea. I hope you enjoy this beautiful day and remember to count your blessings.

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." ~ Numbers 6:24-26 {NIV}



Thank you for linking back to Tea Time Tuesday so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Friends Sharing Tea ~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Homemaking Link Up ~ http://www.hopeineveryseason.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Linky Party~ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

28 comments :

  1. Sandi, what a beautiful post. The Royal Albert china you started for your Mother is gorgeous. You are so lucky to have it. Happy Anniversary to you and a Happy Birthday to your Uncle. A month of celebrations for you. Thank you for hosting and happy tea day! (I love chocolate and my mouth will be watering all day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore your Lavender Rose patterned tea set! Happy Anniversary Sandi and best wishes to your uncle. Thank you for hosting this party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi!
    Your Lavender Rose pattern is so pretty and the handle is exquisite. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. Thank you for hosting and have a lovely day.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Sandy- you are really sharing a special day - your anniversary and Uncle Doug's birthday!

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you, my sweet friend.

    I LOVE RA's Lavender Rose china - never owned it but have loved it for years....how sweet you bought that for your Mom, and it came back to you. That makes it incredibly precious.

    A lovely tea, a lovely day filled with such special occassions...praying for you to enjoy many more happy years together.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have so many celebrations and especially your anniversary! Congrats on all and so glad you have been blessed with this china you gave your Mom. It is a truly lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, dear Sandi! Happy Birthday to your dear uncle, too. I love your sweet tea for two today and those treats look fantastic!! Yummy!! I loved your quotes, as always. Isn't the one by Willie Nelson a good one? I loved that!! Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful day with your hubby. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandi, what a sweet post - you were quite thoughtful to think of giving china to your mom. I love that my daughter's have caught the collecting bug from me. This tea set is quite beautiful in its detail. Happy birthday to your uncle - he looks marvelous! I do appreciate you sharing and hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post. "Happy Anniversary" to you and your hubby. Best wishes to your uncle. That is a fine age. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary Sandi, and a happy birthday to your uncle.
    You already know I like the Lavender Rose pattern, and even though I've opted to have just the teapot, it is my favourite.
    Your sweet offerings today look decadent but it's always nice to have a little something with our tea.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful, wish I could traspass the TV and go for tea to your place in such lovely china. I adore Royal Albert, although all I have is a three tier and your collection from your mom's is stunning! Have a happy Anniversary you both and, many more! Thank you for the party.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary, Sandi! And Happy Birthday to your Uncle Doug. I love your Lavender Rose china. It is gorgeous! Your dessert looks great too.
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby, Sandi! May you have many, many more happy years together. Love your tea set and those cupcakes....yummy! Happy bday to your uncle too!@...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful post. I love the tea set. It looks so special, plus the beautiful cakes, no wonder hubby was keen to taste one.
    Conversation over a cuppa is special.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary to you & your husband. A very Happy Birthday to your uncle Doug! What a wonderful age to reach, and I bet he has many memories to share (how I would love to hear them too). Patty/BC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Sandi,
    What a sweet young thing you were, starting a china pattern for your mom. I love that pattern too and bought a teacup years ago when we lived in London. I haven't paid attention to that special detail on the handle since I now have so many cups. Next time it comes "out to play", I will be sure to notice that extra prettiness.
    Happy Anniversary. I like your idea of stopping together to have tea each day. We are all so busy, busy, busy,that that must be a highlight to your day to share that. I have been hoping to do that too lately as a new goal and you have given me inspiration.
    All the best, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Sandi... beautiful tea! Happy anniversary and happy birthday to your uncle! Hugs and blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy anniversary!

    What a gorgeous tea set. So pretty.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Sandi,
    What a beautiful and loving post! I am enjoying my visit. Your china is so stunning, and those cupcakes....oh my! Enjoy all your celebrations : )
    Happy Anniversary to you!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry I don't have a Tea post to share with you and your party ladies this week.Soon I promise.Just want you to know I'm still enjoying tea with you today anyways.I always love visiting with you Sandi and I even want to scroll down to see what's been happening in your life lately.I'll come back after breakfast,your post made Me hungry.I have to learn some new DIET tea recipes real soon-should have already done that.Maybe one of these Tues. you could have the ladies submit diet desserts with their tea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Sandi,
    Happy Anniversay to the both of you. What a great moment and how lucky you are, to celebrate this day still in love together. Royal Albert Lavender Rose is indeed charming. Lovely idea of a daughter to start her mother a china set. I think your Mom was very pleased with this pretty set. And so she is a bit with you on this special day.
    Happy Birthday to your sweet Uncle. He looks so sympatic. Isn't that a great time in the year, nice events and springtime.
    Thank you for sharing and for hosting this special event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Here I am again, partying for Mom's Day, lol.. Thank you for having me again, lovely lady. Wish you and yours a wonderful Mother's Day.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  22. I´m always glad having a tea with you
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful china pattern! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your Uncle Doug!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tea set is beautiful! I have one cup and saucer in that pattern, and I agree with you that the shape of the cup has wonderful hand appeal.

    Happy anniversary to you and your husband. May God bless you with many more wonderful years together!

    LaDonna
    Gracious Hospitality

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary Sandi. Your tea as usual was lovely. Lavender Rose is a pattern along with Old Country Rose that we sell a lot of. Very pretty. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Anniversary! Love the Lavender Rose you have shared with us today. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sandi,
    Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Love your beautiful lavender rose patterned china collection. Your dessert looks delicious. thanks for hosting,
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.