Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 11 February 2013

A Tea of Hearts


"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give." ~ George MacDonald


Welcome my lovely friends to my Tea of Hearts~ 



February is heart month and so today in celebration of Valentine's Day, we are sharing our hearts, pinks, and reds. If you don't have any hearts, pinks, or reds, then simply share what you love.

"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love." ~ Henry Drummond


I had a plan for today's post which didn't work out and I had to get my post ready early because of the blizzards which engulfed the Island over the weekend. I couldn't take a chance on any power outages. So, I hope you will enjoy this tea today as it comes to you with a lot of love.

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, Make every day a holiday and celebrate just living." ~ Amanda Bradley


Most everything you will see here today was given to me as a gift. The lace table cloth, the lovely lace edged topper, the teacup trios,  as well as the little angel. All are gifts given to me by dear friends and of course my hubby.

My sweetie brought me roses and tulips before the storms hit. He's the best!


This darling little angel who is smelling her posies was an early Valentine gift from my hubby. You can't tell from the picture, but her wings sparkle. The sweet bouquet she holds in her hands as well as the posies in the basket at her feet, all sparkle.


She is called White Heather, "Wishes can come True," is written on the bottom.

I am using my Valentine teacup today; a wee bit of pink and red together in the form of pretty hearts sprinkled about both the cup and saucer.



As well as the two teacup trios which were a birthday present from a dear friend. The pattern is called Rose of England, made in China. Each piece is trimmed in gold and adorned with scrumptious light pink and dark pink full blown roses.


Heart-shaped sugar cookies drizzled with sugar pink icing.  






Egg salad sandwiches cut into heart shapes, on my Amour heart plate.







Fresh strawberries, shortbread cookies, and of course, chocolate!



"Friends are kisses blown to us by angels." ~ Unknown



"The world is a rose; smell it and pass it to your friends." ~ Persian Proverb



With love from me to you!

February is also the month of the amethyst and the violet, so next week, let's share our tea things adorned with lavender, pansies, violets, etc. I know many of you love this colour.



Happy Valentines Day, my lovely friends!



 I am delighted you have stopped by for tea today! Your presence always makes my tea party that much more special and I am happy to see all your tea things, whether you have shared them before or not. This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and any thoughts you might have on the subject. You may be as creative, fancy, or as laid back with your tea time as you wish!

Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too!

If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too:
Hot Apple Cider
Hot Chocolate
Lemonade
Iced Tea or iced coffee
Punch in a lovely bowl.

The Tea Time Tuesday button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! To be sure everyone has a visit, it would be nice if you visited the participant before and after your name.
Inlinkz is available below for you to sign up for my tea party.

As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Heart and Home ~ http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Friends Sharing Tea ~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://adelightsomelife.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Linky Party~ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

47 comments :

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Sandi! Your "Tea of Hearts" is beautiful [as are all of your teas]. ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tea to start this week! I love you teacup trios too - the roses of Englan d are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,
    I hope, the blizzards didn't damage too much. You made a wonderful Valentine's posting. I love your hearts on the cute tea cup as much as the sweet heart shaped cookies. And this new Roses of England pattern is to die for. Such a pretty Rose pattern! Thank you for your lovely tea time and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi. Happy Valentine's Day! Have been thinking about all of you in the maritimes and the east coast US. Hope you are keeping warm and have power! Thanks for hosting. A lovely post! And where would we be withought John 3:16...the greatest love story!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi! Your post is so beautiful. I love your hearts and rose teacups...so perfect for valentines Day. Have a happy one.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweet Sandi, your tea is so beautiful and inviting. The perfect display for Valentine's Day.
    Your tea cups are stunning! And the tasty treats look very appetizing.
    Thank you for the wonderful post and I hope you have a blessed week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ♥ the whimsical heart tea cup. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi, Your Valentine's tea is perfect! Love the photo of the pale pink roses with the tiny hearts! Your teacups are perfect and your sweets look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi, Your Valentine's tea is perfect! Love the photo of the pale pink roses with the tiny hearts! Your teacups are perfect and your sweets look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandi,
    The teacup is gorgeous as is your beautiful Valentine tea. I appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi dear Sandi, what beautiful teacups you've shared with us. I also love the pretty plate with your darling ❤ food. Thank your for hosting your ❤ party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Valentine's Day, Sandi!
    Everything looks so pretty for your tea. Your delicate heart shaped cookies, dainty little sandwiches...and all your lovely china.
    Blessings, my friend,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Sandi, so beautiful! Everything is just laid out and photographed so wonderfully.

    It's absolutely killingme I can't participate - unless I talk hubs into dragging up all my pinks and reds for me from the storage in the basement.....and he has worked so hard to make me comfortable I just don't have the heart to ask it of him...though I know he would..I shall just have to enjoy the party from a distance and hopefully participate with the purple, that I have too!

    Big hugs and a very Happy St. Valentine's to you and your hubs this year.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi,
    Thanks for setting the table for this Tea of Hearts to celebrate Valentine's Day.
    Your rose teacups are beautiful and so is the one with the pink and red hearts, so cute and suitable for this week's tea.
    Have a great Valentine's Day!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful Valentine's tea Sandi, tea sandwiches and sweets for after. I love your new angel, such details on her face and the rest of the figurine. There was no doubt in my mind that you would sharing some delicate pink flowers of some sort, a pretty bouquet from your hubby.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Valentine tea Sandi. Happy Valentine's day to you! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful Valentines day tea Sandi! All of your gifts are so pretty and that heart teacup is adorable! thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Sandi,
    Your Tea of Hearts Tea time is beautiful. Your rose of england teacups are so pretty. Love the heart shaped sandwiches and sugar cookies. Thanks for hosting.
    blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi,
    What a sweet Valentine tea you've given us! I love the beautiful trio and the heart teacup is so cute. Your table is so lovely and your heart cookies so pretty! Thank you for hosting your tea party and have a wonderful Valentine's with hubby!
    Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi, everything is so pretty and ready for tea. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful teacups and a lovely presentation, Sandi!... Christine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi,
    What a beaYOUtiful post in celebration of Valentine's Day! I have a Rose of England teapot and I just love it! Your teacups are gorgeous, too, and I love the photo at the start with the hearts - perhaps one day you'll do a tutorial. :-) I would love to know how to do that! Your cookies and dainty sandwiches look YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY! Thank you for this cheery spot in my day.
    Wishing you a beautiful month filled with LOVE...
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  23. This tea party is utterly delightful! I'm so glad I found you through A Return To Loveliness and I'm following you now. PEI is one of my favourite places!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know the saying of "best laid plans"... Blizzards have a way of changing plans. I am glad you are safe and that you were able to put together a lovely Valentine tea! Delicious too and full of love!
    Hugs,
    And Happy Valentine's Day.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh what a pretty table you've set. I love the heart teacups and ohhhh the roses teacups are so pretty! Happy Valentine's Day!

    Jan ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. the Valentines cup n saucer is so cute, but I love the Rose of England sets, they are beautiful. Flowers are so pretty. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good evening, Sandi! Your setting is so pretty and I love your little posy girl! Hope you have a lovely week!

    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely photos, I really like the Rose of England china. Hope you are surviving the snow storms without any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous pinks. Welcoming table! Thanks for hosting, Sandi. Happy Valentine's Day~
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  30. The little figurine is a perfect gift & touch to your tea time.

    The rose teacups are so beautiful, and your tea time delights of heart shaped sandwiches, chocolate, and words of love & encouragement are the icing on the Valentine candy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The little figurine is a perfect gift & touch to your tea time.

    The rose teacups are so beautiful, and your tea time delights of heart shaped sandwiches, chocolate, and words of love & encouragement are the icing on the Valentine candy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful pictures! I love your teacups and those heart-shaped sandwich are too cute to be eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have some lovely teacups for Valentine's day Sandi! Your cookies look delicious. Hope your staying warm. Thank you for hosting and for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a warm and charming welcome! I peeked in from Linda's Friendship Tea, and am so glad to be invited to such a lovely party.

    Your table is set with such a sense of joy that it just shines through all the colors and shapes, making a circle of welcome that draws the eye and the heart.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy Valentine's Day Sandi! Your Valentine tea is very pretty-love the teacups again and all the pretty touches.
    Thankfully we didn't lose power in the storm and hopefully we don't get any more big storms this winter.

    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hola Sandi
    Preciosa tu entrada de San Valentín, con las tazas con bellos corazones, muy romantico, es que tu blog nos invita al ensueño, a revivir historias, al amor.

    Muchos besos, amiga, desde Argentina con todo mi cariño.

    ReplyDelete
  37. English rose teacups and heart shaped tea sandwiches are so perfect for this week! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear sandy
    This morning I was in a hurry and I could´nt come to your blog.I´m sorry
    Now I´m at home again and I´m glad visiting you and sharing with you my new tea cup
    Thank you for yourTtea of Hearts
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy Valentines Day to you.

    I loved you teacup today the heart one was just too, too cute;

    Your table scape is so beautiful.

    Thank you so much for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely Lady - was thinking about you up there during the storm. Hope you fared well! My son is in Massachusetts - they got 2 feet and were without power a couple days (though stayed at his in-laws so all was well. How much snow did you get! Glad you teatime made it early - and a lovely setting with love gifts, to be sure. I especially appreciated your George MacDonald quote - a favorite author - and the acrostic of John 3:16! How clever! Now - I'd love one of those cookies under the cloche!!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Sandi! I finally linked up to your party! Not sure if I did it right though, it still says image is processing, so I don't know. Thanks for hosting. Your photos are lovely, as usual. Have a Happy Valentine's Day! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  42. Well, I just knew that your Valentine's tea would be gorgeous and filled with goodies, Sandi!

    I shall have mine with my Rose Chintz and think of you. :)

    Georgianna

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello Sandi,
    It's a beautiful post! I love your blog and signed in as a follower.
    Like to visit you often.
    Wish you a happy Valentine's Day.

    Blessings,
    Wilma, Shabby Royale.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Everything is goegoeus...I love yor tea sets and all the heart shaped treats....wishing I was actually there putting one of those heart shaped sandwiches on my plate.
    Thanks so much for sharing. XO


    Ciao Bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such a delightful post! Love all of your cups and saucers - such a lovely little tea setting! Wish I wasn't too late to share my recipe for Pink Tea :) Looking forward to a display of violets next week.
    Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

    ReplyDelete
  46. Sandi,
    You always set such a beautiful table. Love the sweet tea cups and pot. The cookies look so delish and the heart shaped sandwiches are so fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.