Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 10 December 2012

"Celebrate the Season" Christmas Tea



"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." ~ Norman Vincent Peale

Merry Christmas and a warm welcome dear friends to my "Celebrate...the Season with a Christmas Tea!"

Before I serve our tea, I would like to thank you all once again for praying for my son. He is coming along and we will know on the 20th whether he has any hearing in his ear or not. 
Prayer is a powerful form of communication. God bless you!

....Captivating, intoxicating, magical; these are just a few of the words that come to mind when I think about Christmas! It surely is the season of great anticipation and joy as well as the season of good will toward men.

"JOY to the world! the Lord is come; Let earth receive her King. Let ev-'ry heart prepare Him room, And heaven and nature sing." ~ Issac Watts 1674-1748

My home is prettied up for the holidays, my baking is finished other than the pumpkin pies, and I am ready to celebrate the season with you.

So do come in and make yourselves at home. We are having tea in the living room by the Christmas tree and I am using my beloved Johnson Bros. Rose Chintz.


You may wonder why I am using my Rose Chintz instead of a more festive pattern. Well, truth be told, I only have a few plates and a teacup that are actually Christmas inspired.

I haven't featured my Rose Chintz in a while and most of my pieces are vintage which just seem right for my special Tea today.



Christmas.... is a happy time, a romantic time, and this china just makes me happy! Christmas stirs up wonderful memories for me; memories of Christmases past with my parents and those with my own children. Now I'm making new ones with my children and their little ones.

As you know, Rose Chintz is near and dear to my heart, just like the one who gifted me with most of the pieces. My Auntie P lives in another part of the country and so we don't get to visit often. I won't be seeing her at Christmas-time so I wanted to share this tea with you and invite her to share in this special tea with us.

The coffee pot.....


"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." ~ Henry James

Or if you prefer your coffee in a mug, I have those too.



Auntie will understand that by setting my tea out with her lovely china is my way of letting her know that I am thinking of her. I know she can bring out her Rose Chintz teacups and she and my Uncle Doug can sit and join us. What is Christmas without celebrating special moments with those you love? 

"He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." ~ Roy L. Smith


The teapot....


"God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December." ~ James M. Barrie


I made a centerpiece of my snowballs and roses. The roses are pale green with a delicate pink tinge but they show up peachy. They are much prettier than the way they appear here. I have added some snow using Picmonkey.



So our coffee station is set out by the tree and our tea, my favourite Stash Holiday Chai, as well as our treats are on the coffee table nearby. Some sweets I have arranged on a vintage pink depression glass plate. There is my home made fruit cake, Swedish butterballs, mincemeat tarts, and shortbread cookies. 




There are cheese and cherry pinwheels arranged on a tiered plate which I fashioned out of two Rose Chintz plates; one bread and butter and one square plate.




I am using a couple of Queens Christmas plates adorned with a Christmas tree. The napkin holders are Skye McGhie in the Cream Lace pattern and the silverware is Oneida Evening Star which had been my mother's.




"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder




"There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." ~ Edith Wharton



"I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month." ~ Harlan Miller


Christmas is a season which tugs at my heartstrings. It brings to mind the lovely childhood memories of growing up and the time my Daddy always became a kid himself. My mother cooked her special dinner and afterwards we would all gather around the TV and watch the Disney Christmas special. Now, my Daddy is gone and my mother is in a Home two hours away. I'm sure many of you can identify with me!

My Nativity is in its special place in the china cabinet. As some of you know, a gentleman at our last pastorate made the stable for me and it has its place of honour here every year.


Amidst all the hustle and bustle of this special season, let's not forget that the Reason we celebrate the Season is because of the tiny Baby born long ago in Bethlehem. He, who grew up among men, took upon Himself the sins of the world, making it possible for us to live forever with Him. Only Believe!

"Away in a manger, No crib for a bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head.
The stars in the sky-
Looked down where He lay,
The little Lord Jesus, A-sleep on the hay."~ John R. Murry 1841-1905




"And she gave birth to her firstborn Son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." ~ Luke 2:7




Thank you for coming to my Christmas Tea. I would love for you to share something from your home. Please link up below and be sure to link back to me so that your visitors can find their way here.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Heart and Home ~ http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Table Top Tuesday~ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Friends Sharing Tea ~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Tea Talk~ http://the-teaist.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Thursday~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Linky Party~ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

41 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi. Your photos just keep getting more and more beautiful! I love the way your Rose Chintz bridges the seasons so beautifully! Your tea setting and home is lovely! I love your nativity. Mine is out as well. Have a wonderful week!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear friend. It's a pleasure to visit as always. Still praying for your son. I'm glad he is recovering. Your snowball centerpiece is just adorable! Wondering if you have any snow outside? We got snow yesterday but it's gone already. Your mince tarts look good, as does your fruitcake. My grandma made her own mincemeat and canned it. She actually used beef in it. She also was "famous" for her homemade angel food cakes (used a dozen egg whites), and homemade noodles (used a dozen egg yolks). She was a wonderful cook! Your tea is lovely, Sandi!
    Christmas blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so pretty, and so very welcoming, and such treats to enjoy.
    I will continue to pray for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so beautiful. I really like your Nativity-so classy. And I love the tea cups hanging on your tree. What a neat idea.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your nativity is just precious.

    I like your idea of placing an ornament inside your pretty cup and hanging it from your tree.

    Thanks for sharing, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tea is so pretty Sandi and I love your Rose Chintz tea set. The ornament in the tea cup adds a nice touch to the tea. I'm praying for your son. Have a Merry Christmas dear Sandi.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tea, Sandi. I never get tired of seeing your Auntie's Rose Chintz. It's always perfect. All your food looks wonderful. I especially love the canning jar with the lace...so pretty. I'm still praying for your dear son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandi
    The Rose Chintz china is the perfect selection for tea as it complements the many pinks from your decor.
    Christmas is an emotional time of year as we remember loved ones that have passed on. When my mother was in the nursing home, I always set up a small tree with unbreakable decorations. It never failed, because they were shiny, or maybe nostalgic, they disappeared into the hands of those who could remember and new ones had to be bought for the following year.
    Your tea sweets look tempting, I love mincemeat tarts.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi:
    What a beutiful post which represents a lot of work! The goodies look delicious and your arrangement is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. also....will continue to pray for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sandi,
    Roses are for Christmas just perfect: "A Rose has sprung..." Your Rose Chintz pattern is so festive and christmasy with the tree in the background. And all the yummy treats! Oh my, I feel how I gain weigtht just by looking at them. I love all your thoughts and quotes and I hope you will have a wonderful Christmas with your family. I wish your son will recover soon and that the surgery will improve his hearing. Thank you for sharing and for hosting this festive event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, I wanted to do tea this week for Christmas so badly but I didn't have time to make anything.

    Everything looks so lovely and I still love those cups and saucers.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi, this is such a beautiful post! I love all your vignettes and your sweet Rose Chintz china. AND. All the delicious looking sweets! I only had shortbread cookies on hand the day I did my post. I did make more cookies today but don't usually have a lot of those sweets in the freezer. Thanks for hosting this delightful party today. Blessings! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas, Sandi!
    How I love your Rose Chintz dishes. My husband's Mother has always served us Christmas and Easter dinner on these same beautiful dishes. They have such happy memories attached to them.
    Your post is lovely...and so full of the splendor of this glorious season.
    I pray you have a blessed Christmas, my sweet friend.
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Rose Chintz china is so pretty. No wonder you love it. I have never had any of that design. And as usual your tea party is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the Rose Chintz has the perfect color for Christmas and it is so beautiful, Sandi.Your goodies are so mouth watering and they look so pretty. Happy Holidays and enjoy this season!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Sandi, Absolutely lovely. I nearly used my Rose Chintz teacup today - It goes beautifully with the dishes you've chosen and the gorgeous floral arrangement. I love your post - I do appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tea and yummies, Sandi. Everything was absolutely delish.

    Photos were gorgeous, too. And I love that rose china.

    Johnson Brothers also has pink Christmas tree dishes with a lovely tree in the middle. Have you seen them?

    I saw some in T.J. Maxx and Marshall's but couldn't afford them this year. But I LOVE them! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. you know how i love rose chintz and red tranferware. your pictures are really beautiful. i will be absent from sharing tea time for a while as i fell and broke my wrist last week. wishing you and your family a very blessed Christmas.

    hugs,
    jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. A charming post, straight from your heart! My Dad who is no longer with us, didn't like Christmas at all, but now that he is gone, his ' Bah Humbug' is missed !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your entire posting is so lovely..the china, the tree, and of course, the yummy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi,
    Your post today is so beautiful and full of such sweet sentiment. The Christmas season is just meant to be filled with happy thoughts and memories and yours reflect it so. Your tea today is so pretty with your rose chinz dishes and the yummy desserts. Praying for your son that all will be well with him. Thank you for hosting your Christmas tea and have a good relaxing week.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi,

    Thank you for coming over and visiting my blog and all of your sweet words! They are a blessing to me. I am now following you too. Your blog is beautiful! I too like the floral tea sets, I do not have any christmas dishes. I never seem to find any I love as much as the florals:)
    Blessings to you my new friend,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sandi .. what a most wonderful tea you have shared with us today. Your baking has me thinking I better get started in the kitchen. It all looks great! Wishing you a wonderful evening..xo C. (HHL)

    P.S. Sending Jeff a little hug that he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sandi,
    Your Christmas tea time looks fabulous! Love the pink lights on your christmas tree. Beautiful china and your snacks look scrumptous! Praying for a speedy recovery for your son. Thanks for hosting. Have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful! Love the Rose Chintz china and the special memories you have of the aunt who gave it to you. It is perfect for this Christmas tea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a GORGEOUS Christmas Tea - It should be featured in a magazine [and maybe it will be!]. I love everything about it from beginning to end! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!
    ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Sandi,
    Your post is pure Christmas! What love you display in your images and words. I totally enjoyed my visit.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Sandi,
    I'm just stopping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas! Everything looks perfect, as always...lovely. I'm thinking good thoughts for your son and sending prayers. Enjoy your holidays.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sandi
    what a lovely post, I look forward to it every week. Sorry to read about Jeff, but he will be in my prayers. I am very frustrated as I just ran out of room and need to buy more space. Always, enjoy seeing your rose chintz china, it is so beautiful. Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Sandi,

    Your tea parties are so warm, beautiful and inviting! and you share them in such a way that I truly feel as though I was there sipping with you. Thank you so much for that!

    And thank you for hosting one of
    my favvie linky parties all week!

    Continuing my prayers for your son.

    Hugs,

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the pretty ornament in the beautiful teacup!

    Merry and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your china is beautiful! Your vignettes are lovely! I wish I had all those delicious treats already made. I haven't started baking yet but will today!
    Have a wonderful week!
    sandy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Everything looks lovely! I really like your snowballs! Thanks for hosting and for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Sandi,

    Your Christmas tea looks lovely and your Rose Chintz is lovely any time of the year.
    I have been doing some furniture painting out on the veranda this morning-never before in Dec. have I been ablt to do that-so mild!

    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think the power of any holiday is that it's special and 'set apart'. It's the same with luxury: if we'd enjoy luxury everyday it would no longer be special. We need certain seasons and certain rituals to store up beloved memories and the winter season provides an excellent opportunity. If we could open a Christmas jar every month, it wouldn't be remarkable any more! :)

    Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my goodness, fruitcake and mincemeat tarts! I'm coming over right now! You are a girl after my own heart!
    I love your beautiful nativity. Such a beautiful reminder of the real reason for all the celebrating we do at this time of year. I have a couple of nativities that come out with the Christmas decor each year, and one very special one which stays in my dining room all year.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Everything looks lovely...the tree is gorgeous! I enjoy chai, especially Peets Masala Chai. Yum. Happy Advent. Thx for hsoting :)
    SHawn

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sandi: You are near and dear to my heart. Your Christmas Spirit is contageous and I love it. Soon you will leave us here in Blogland and go off to Vancouver for Christmas with Joel and family. May God be with you and bless you as I know He already has.......Love Auntie P

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sandi, I am sending more prayers for your son. anxious for the 20 Th. Your rose chintz tea set is absolutely gorgeous. Stunning on the silver tray.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow...am I behind? This is what happens when you take a month off...you get to read your friend's blogs! There tea service is one of my favorites...the fruitcake made my tummy growl...do you have this recipe posted any where? I have a few glacé cherries left over from Christmas, sounds like a fun tea time treat! Donna

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.