Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 22 October 2012

Tea Time Tuesday




"Come, little leaves," said the Wind one day; "Come to the meadows with me - and play. Put on your dresses of red and gold; for Summer is past, and the days grow cold." ~ George Cooper


Hubby and I took a walk through the trails yesterday and these trees were in the clearing on the way back to our car. Aren't they gorgeous?

Welcome back to Tea Time Tuesday dear friends~

Thank you to all who participated in my Pink Tea last week. Everyone was so kind and left such lovely comments. A warm welcome to all my new followers too! I'm so happy to have you join me here at Rose Chintz Cottage!

After all the pretty pink last week, my tea today is going to be in a blue theme. Surprised? You don't have to share blue. It's just that I found something blue and wanted to show it off.



"I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion." ~ Henry David Thoreau 

I was out browsing the shops about a month ago, and I found this teapot. Isn't it cute?



It is the matching teapot to the teacup I found a few months ago!


I was so pleased to find it and since I didn't have a blue teapot, it came home with me. These pieces are porcelain, called Botanic Blue. I think it will be happy in my little cottage. 

Please make yourself at home and let's enjoy some Twinings Black Orange tea and some double chocolate brownies.


Each cup of tea represents an imaginary journey.~ Catherine Douzel




I normally make my brownies from scratch but I have to confess that these are from a mix. They are wonderful; nice and moist with a cup of tea.



Tea is a time to enjoy simple pleasures.


It is a time to slow down and reflect.



"Autumn is a second Spring when every leaf is a flower." ~ Albert Camus


View in our back yard



The Autumn season is well under way bringing with it fields of gold and trees ablaze with colour. Fruit is ripe and veggies are brought in to enjoy. It is the season of the harvest and thanksgiving.


It is also the time of year that I really get the urge to bake and nest which brings me to an Announcement....

As some of you may know I am starting up a new meme this week called HOME. I love being a home maker and I enjoy making my home welcoming for my family and friends. I invite you to come along with me and join me again on Wednesday afternoon for that. You can read about that here or just go to my previous post to read all about it.

My HOME button is available for you to post on your sidebar or your HOME post if you wish. Just copy and paste.




Also, if you are a Follower of Rose Chintz Cottage, don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY. You can read about that here.



"He existed before anything else; and He holds all creation together." ~ Colossians 1:17

I am delighted you have stopped by for tea today! Your presence always makes my tea party that much more special and I am happy to see all your tea things, whether you have shared them before or not. This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and any thoughts you might have on the subject. You may be as creative, fancy, or as laid back with your tea time as you wish!

Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too!

If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too:
Hot Apple Cider
Hot Chocolate
Lemonade
Iced Tea or iced coffee
Punch in a lovely bowl.

The Tea Time Tuesday button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! To be sure everyone has a visit, it would be nice if you visited the participant before and after your name. Inlinkz is available below for you to sign up for my tea party. As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Heart and Home ~ http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Tea in the Garden~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Thursday~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Potpourri Friday~ http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

55 comments :

  1. I love pink so very much but find blue to be such a relaxing color at tea time. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your autumn leaves and was glad you enjoyed a lovely walk through the trails. How fortunate you are to have found the matching teapot to your teacup and saucer. I love the chintz blue pattern "Botanic Blue". Thanks for hosting and always enjoy viewing your post on Monday.

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am do pleased you decided to become a follower, thankyou. Your autumnal colours are looking beautiful. What a lucky break to find the pot that matches your teacup, a very attractive set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention that I have added your lovely blog to my around the world blogroll at News From Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new blue teapot is so cute, and looks great with the fall decor- Thanks for sharing, you cheered up my morning. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tea Sandi. I love your new teapot and the blue and white looks great with the orange pumpkin.
    Have a great week.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your lovely blog! There is something restful and pleasant in autumn. As the beautiful leaves that appear on the trees. Wonderful picture you took of autumn colors. I love your new purchase. So cute teapot and teacup. The cup that offers that little butterfly during the tea hour. Such details I love. I baked muffins with coconut and red currant today but next time I will make brownies. Your looks very yummy out. I wish you a lovely week! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant blue, love the teapot. Thank you for hosting my friend. Looking forward to your new HOME party. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi, Your backyard looks large and lovely - very green - you and hubby take good care of your lawn! I enjoyed seeing the beautiful trees too. God's creation is a wonder to behold. You have set a lovely tea with your white and orange pumpkins and other fall decor, and your lovely teacup and teapot! Your photography is really beautiful, Sandi. Great post! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi, Your backyard looks large and lovely - very green - you and hubby take good care of your lawn! I enjoyed seeing the beautiful trees too. God's creation is a wonder to behold. You have set a lovely tea with your white and orange pumpkins and other fall decor, and your lovely teacup and teapot! Your photography is really beautiful, Sandi. Great post! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue is my favorite color, so I loved your post today. It was definitely in sync with my blog post. [Great minds think alike! ha] Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi. Of COURSE I love the Botanic blue! And the brownies look positively decadent!!! Wonderful! Have a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the blue! It's so fresh. I also like how you have the little pumpkin sitting in the cup. I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sandi:

    Your new teapot and teacup are lovely. I always enjoy my visit here!
    Very pretty back yard woodlands too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi,
    the new tea set reminds to Toile de Jouy. It has a really charming shape and a wonderful design. The soft blue is in a perfect contrast to the bright orange of the pumpkins. Its makes a lovely tea table. Thank you for sharing thsi new find and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my how beautiful are the trees, ours haven't turned like that in southwest Georgia. Your teapot and creamers are very pretty. How lucky for you to find a match.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi....Isn't it amazing you found that pot that matched your cup? Wowsers. That was certainly meant to be. Pretty too! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi,
    How lucky to find a matching teapot for your teacup! They are both so very pretty! Your brownies look so good and I often bake a sweet from a mix when I'm pressed for time. Sometimes I think it tastes just as good! I enjoyed your tea today so much and thank you for hosting your weekly tea party!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandi, I wanted to tell you how beautiful your yard is and the gorgous color you have. Beautiful photos of your walk, too!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. The blue is lovely, and a change from pink! How lucky to get the teapot that matches the cup and saucer!
    Hugs
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful post today Sandi.
    I love your blue tea pot and cups.
    Your photos are lovely with the light shining behind the pumpkin..
    lovely
    thank you..
    val

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi
    I guess great minds do think alike! I did a blue tea setting today too, before I saw yours! I do love blue, so of course I really like your teapot and cup.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful tea Sandi! I love the blue and white pattern with the pumpkins. Thank you for hosting see you for Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, autumn in your corner of the world is gorgeous! Unfortunately, here everything is so very dry it is browning! My husband threatened the other day to till up his grass....it will come back though! Love your new blue teapot and teacup - gorgeous find! My daughter is very good at making delicious brownies - and she doesn't like brownies - wonderful post and as always - a Delight! I do appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Autumn colors and I love the blue china..so gorgeous with the dragonflies and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Blue will always be my favorite everyday china color. It is so soothing. I enjoyed seeing your fall colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sandi your new blue teapot and teacup are soooo pretty. Don't they look even better contrasted against the orange pumpkins? I look forward to your new HOME party. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your new teapot and teacup! How lucky to find them matching each other a few weeks apart! Beautiful post Sandi. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, Sandy! What a perfectly splendid backyard! You have a front row seat to Creation's Autume Showstopper each year, don't you! And, what better way to enjoy it then with that fire-pit and a sweet cup of tea. Your blues with the fall colors are a great fit! And - how exciting about your new meme! I don't know that I can be a regular poster there - but I will enjoy stopping by on occasion when I can - and maybe sharing in the fun if I've something appropriate to blog about! Thanks for being such a wonderful tea hostess!!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love blue and white, as much as pink...and really, I love dishes, so it's ok any color that atracts my attention. Your autumn colors are so lovely, I adore fall colors, beautiful earth toners. Thanks for hosting yet, another great party.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am loving the blue and white china with orange pumpkins this year. It's a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! That was quite a find-very pretty!
    The fall foliage is beautiful this year,isn't it!
    Thank you for hosting,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Sandi,

    I ♥ your new blue and white teapot!

    Funny, I usually bake from scratch too and just this afternoon bought a box of brownie mix - what a funny coincidence, just had a craving and little time today.

    I hope it is ok to post my post today - it isn't tea related but I think your readers may appreciate it...if you don't like it you sure can delete and I will understand.

    I try to stay within the guidelines, but I am just so off - about a week- and missed your breast cancer awareness pink tea last week and this giveaway was supposed to be a part of mine that never happened!!!!!!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Sandi, oooohhhh that is a lucky find! You don't always see such a beautiful pattern. The color of blue is just gorgeous as well. Do you think you may add more pieces? They look perfect for your cottage!
    Your brownies look delicious as well.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful teapot and tea cup, how nice having found both of them! I love the photos with the little pumpkins.
    Besos from Argentina, Silvina

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the pictures and everything looks delicious and sweet! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a charming teapot and cup n saucer, their is always something about blue and white, so pretty. Such a lovely post. Would love to be able to copy your sidebar on to my blog, but I still can't figure it out. Maybe someday....

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely view to have from your garden. I really like all the autumny things on your tea table - and those brownies look really good:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. The trees in your backyard are stunning. How great to be able to sit and admire their beauty. Lovely tea service. Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-20.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sandi, I love it when you show outdoor scenes of anything on the island! The grass is SO green! How nice! Your quotes are lovely, as is your blue teapot, how lucky you were to find a match to your teacup! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello Sandi, what beautiful colors. I love your blue and white Tea Pot and cup and saucer. They are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Sandy, I am Shari, a new follower! I stumbled across your blog through another and so happy I did. All the dreamy blue and white caught my eye and ended up reading your whole blog....It truly is amazing...BEAUTIFUL. I have never tried the linking parties but yours sounds like so much fun so I think I will give it a try. I would love to show your buttons on my sidebar so others will come visit your beautiful blog. Very nice meeting you, Shari@ Lauren's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love this, Sandi! Beautiful fall colors!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  44. How fun to find the matching teapot! They are so beautiful! How generous of you to start another party! I'm sure everyone will enjoy it. I'm linking less these days because I have less time to visit. So many beautiful blogs out there now!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your backyard setting is beautiful!
    Amazing that you found a matching teapot to go with your tea cup! I love the pattern but then blue has always been a favorite color of mine.It looks great with the autumn colors also!
    Have a great week!
    sandy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Sandi! I have this same teapot and teacup and saucer in Pink! It is one of my three most favorite patterns I have! I have never seen it in blue and it is just as pretty as the pink! Thanks for sharing!
    Kathy L from Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  47. That's your backyard!?!
    My goodness Sandi, you live in Eden!
    What a stunning blessing it must be to see that every day.
    I love your pretty blue and white pot and cup and the brownies look delicious!
    I'm looking forward to your new party this week :-)
    Thanks for linking up, my friend.
    love and blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  48. Another delightful tea, Sandi. I love blue and orange together. Love your new teapot and it was a great find for you. It is Portmerrion, isn't it?
    My husband passed by as I was looking and he was looking for his brownies. :)
    Ruthie from Lady B's

    ReplyDelete
  49. The HOME party sounds great! Good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. The HOME party sounds great! Good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Good morning Sandi, I am visiting our daughter in Fl and finding a lot of time to visit is a blessing. So hello! Smile.

    Your Tea party is very charming and the blue teapot is so pretty. I would have taken it home too.
    a lovely post with your pretty fall pics as well. Love the backyard photo. So inviting with Fall showing her colors.

    Happy tea party and happy Fall,
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is a beautiful blog. Is there a way that I could subscribe via e-mail???So refreshing.Thank-you in advance, Dawn E. Brown

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hello Sandi....your backyard is magnificent.....The autumn colours are so lovely. I would never get tired of looking at those trees.
    Your teapot and cup and saucer are very pretty. I like the blue pattern.
    Have a good day
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Sandi,

    Your Botanic Blue china is gorgeous as well as your autumn photos.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi Sandi,
    How wonderful that you found the teapot to match your cup and saucer. Meant to be girl! Love your beautiful backyard view. Thanks so much for sharing with SYC. Excited for your new party.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.