Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 15 October 2012

A Pink Tea for Tea Time Tuesday



"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be." ~ Karen Ravn



Welcome dear friends to Tea Time Tuesday! Today we are sharing our pink in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness and Breast Cancer Research. So bring out your pink teacups and tea things and let's sip some tea and show our support of this very worthy cause.



Pink represents femininity. We also associate it with romance, love, friendship, harmony, compassion, relaxation, and companionship. Pink is considered a colour of good health and life.



For our tea today, I am serving tea in my pink teacups. You have seen all of these teacups before, except for the top one. It is one I found this past Summer at a thrift shop and I thought today would be a good time to bring it out.


I like setting my baby boo pumpkins in teacups this time of year. This Aynsley teacup above is a favourite of mine which I have called Princess. It is a beautiful shade of pink and it really is fit for a princess.


This is Royal Albert Lady Carlyle. I love this teacup too!


Serena also made by Royal Albert is adorned with gorgeous roses and clusters of sweet posies. It's a pattern I have long admired.

And lastly, my new to me, Colclough. I don't know much about this cup, only that I like it.


This pretty china teacup is light blue and white with luscious pink roses encircling the cup and a few buds on the saucer. The cup is slightly scalloped around the edge as well as its saucer with lots of gold trim. It is a slightly different colour choice for me. A nice change, I think and the price was right at seven dollars.

These Raspberry Coconut Marshmallows are delectable little nuggets and just perfect with a cup of tea. Five of them are only eighty calories!


Would you like to try one? I promise you won't be disappointed and they're pink!




Please help yourself to a nice cup of tea and a sweet treat.


Pink tulips dance above our tea. They remind me of fairy bells.


"Tea is like a hug and a handshake; something about it warms friendships and inspires confidences." ~  Victoria magazine



Perhaps you would prefer a shortbread cookie.






Image from the Internet

Every one of us has been touched in some way by breast cancer.
Maybe a family member, a friend, or even yourself has encountered the dread of this terrible disease. I lost my best friend Carol to breast cancer and I have had a couple of scares myself. Thankfully mine turned out to be benign. But for the thousands of women who have been struck by it, our hearts go out to them. We offer up our prayers and we continue on praying, hoping, dreaming, and doing what we can to eradicate this disease that takes the lives of countless grandmothers, mothers, daughters, sisters, nieces, friends, and even some of the men in our lives.

Dear Lord, help us to find a cure soon!

"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs." ~ Vance Havner



I make sure I have a mammogram every two years. How about you? You owe it to yourself and all those who love you to have a mammogram regularly. Be sure to do self examinations regularly as well.

You mean the world to your family and friends.  


"Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all his benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases...." ~ Psalm 103: 2-3

In memory of my friend Carol Ann ~ 


I am delighted you have stopped by for tea today! Your presence always makes my tea party that much more special and I am happy to see all your tea things, whether you have shared them before or not. This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and any thoughts you might have on the subject. You may be as creative, fancy, or as laid back with your tea time as you wish!

Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too!

If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too:

Hot Apple Cider
Hot Chocolate
Lemonade
Iced Tea or iced coffee
Punch in a lovely bowl.
No alcoholic beverages please.

The Tea Time Tuesday button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! To be sure everyone has a visit, it would be nice if you visited the participant before and after your name.

Inlinkz is available below for you to sign up for my tea party.

As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Heart and Home ~ http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Tea in the Garden~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Thursday~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Potpourri Friday~ http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

44 comments :

  1. Hello Sandi, a very lovely pink tea post dedicated to the remembrance of Breast Cancer Awareness. I do appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cups & saucers, beautiful verse. So sweet & feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandi
    Thanks for hosting a pink tea for breast cancer awareness. People like me who have not been touched by this disease are very lucky yet can still contribute to finding a cure.
    Wishing you a lovely week ahead.
    Hugs,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings to you for hosting a pink tea dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness. Your pink teacups are BEAUTIFUL, and I wish I could find those Raspberry Coconut Marshmallows here in Michigan. They're PERFECT for a pink tea! Have a joyous week!
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tea Sandi and I love your pretty teacups. The pink marshmellows are just the right addition to your pink china.
    Have a lovely week.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi,
    you made a pretty pink post for this special tea time. I would so love to have some of the wonderful looking marshmallows. Thank you for sharing your pretty tea cups and for hosting this event.
    Blessings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi:

    Love the stack of cups and saucers! My this is lovely! I am sorry I didn't do pink...hope it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi,

    Your tea post in pink for this cause is wonderful. I was diagnosed a few years ago and I donate every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful post Sandi. I love all your pretty pink china cups and those pink puffs of goodness look very yummy. Thank you for hosting this special tea time this week. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandi,
    What a wonderful Pink Tea post in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness.
    Having had to go through a breast biopsy once because of a suspicious area, mammograms are very important for each and every woman to remain vigilant about. If we do not take care of ourselves, who else will???
    Thanks for hosting!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi, cancer is a terrible thing. My own dear hubby has been fighting prostate cancer for the past seven years. I pray nightly for a cure for cancer. Thanks for hosting.
    I'd love to share some tea and one of those raspberry marshmallows with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi,
    Such beautiful teacups and so pretty all on your table. This summer while I was in Canada I bought the same Colclough teacup and saucer at a antique shop! I got the better deal, only $5.00! If you would like a pair, I would love to send you mine as a gift. I think my email works now if you would like to respond. Thank you for hosting this very special Tea Time Tuesday.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi. This is a beautiful post for the thoughts as well as your tea cups. I am going to wait and add my tea post to your next week's party as it really doesn't fit in to the pink theme. I want to thank you for hosting this party and for keeping Breast Cancer awareness in the forefront. My daughter and I both thank you. I will join you next week..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi,
    Thanks for hosting this beautiful tea and for this lovely idea of remembering we are in the Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
    It seems to be all about women but it isn't. Although this terrible disease affects mainly women, their families and friends'lives are also very much affected by misfortune...
    Have a great week, my friend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone has such pretty settings today, and for a good cause. Your teacups are so pretty. Although I have several cups with pink flowers, I didn't feel I had enough pink to properly do a pink tea setting today....so I'll just enjoy what others have done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi,
    Thanks for sharing all of your lovely pinks and how special and wonderful that you've dedicated all this beauty in remembrance of Breast Cancer Awareness.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for dedicating this post to Breast Cancer Awareness. As a 10 year survivor I appreciate it more than you know. My family has been touched several times unfortunately. I am so thankful I seem to be one of the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi,how lovely your tea things and words are. Yes we all must be sure to get examined. Breast cancer is a terrible thing and has no discrimination to age. Our friends daughter is at the moment quite sick with it and is only 45 it's devastating for her and her family
    Thank you Sandi for hosting.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandi, Your pinks are absolutely stunning - the teacups, the tulips, even the marshmallows. I really love your little white and pink pumpkins too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi, Your pinks are absolutely stunning - the teacups, the tulips, even the marshmallows. I really love your little white and pink pumpkins too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sandi. I'm late today as my kids just left, but didn't want to miss your important post! Beautiful as always, but such an important theme.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi,
    Such a lovely pink post! I love your tea cups ... so beautiful! Those Raspberry Coconut
    Marshmallows are making me hungry, and I'd love to share one with you! Thank you for hosting!
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Sandi,

    I always sigh with pleasure when I've attended one of your Tea Parties! Your table settings are grand and the treats delectable :) Thank you for inviting me!

    Blessings
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful and romantic post, Sandi! I love all your pink tea things. Thnaks for the breast cancer awareness. I just had my MMO...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  25. You've outdone yourself, milady! A spectacular teatime today - all decked in the prettiest of pinks for the most worthy of causes. I only wish I had taken a picture of the little girls running about at the Civil War re-enactment (my tea post today) with PINK Union hats on - made especially for Awareness month! However, I hope you will delight in some of the pretty pinks I found in the tea shop - as I enjoyed all your pink lovelies.

    I've missed you with my working demands and am only now squeezing in posting - I've students coming to the house in another hour and a half!! Catching respites as I can - and blogging with my ladies, especially on Tuesday - is a love and retreat.

    I hope you are well and enjoying a picturesque fall up your way. Hope to be back on blog posting track soon - balance MUST happen!

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your pink post today, and I particularly liked the quote by Karen Ravn... Thanks so much for the tea and raspberry marshmallows, and have a great day! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Sandi, I apologize for not remembering it was Breast Cancer Awareness month! I have teal colored cups today! I wish I had remembered.
    I too have loved ones who have had breast cancer, and I would have loved to honor them by doing the special post. It is wonderful that you are hosting this.
    Your tea cups are all beautiful, and I would love to try one of your macaroons!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's amazing that this month of October highlighted breast cancer worldwide. Rosa is its color. In Sweden, as in you in Canada. My grandmother had bröstcanser. I love your teacups. A feminine air of elegance looms over your pretty pink cups. I wish you a great week! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandi, you have such a lovely tea prepared today in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I enjoyed reading and seeing all your pretties. And....I finally linked up this time!!!

    Have a Blessed Day!
    Sylvia at A Grandmas Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful post and a lovely tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Sandi,
    Thanks for hosting a pink tea time for breast cancer awareness. Love your pretty pink teacups and dessert. Have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  32. sUCH LOVELY LOVELY PINK THINGS TEA CUPS AND THE RASPBERRY COCONUT MARSHMELLOWS HOW YUMMY THEY LOOK. I SO ENJOYED MY VISIT WITH YOU...HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING WITH LOVE JANICE

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a brilliant post, the pink is such a lovely colour filled with love. :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Sandi, As always, your tea cups are simply gorgeous. I think I need to find some pink china! And those raspberry coconut marshmallows look divine.

    Thank you for reminding us all how important it is to do self-exams and to get mammograms.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Sandi! You have the most beautiful pink cups and saucers I ever seen! What a fabulous tea time, with those coconut marshmallows and tulips and such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Sandi, Simply a lovely tea in remembrance of your friend Carol. All you pink tea cups are beautiful and of course the treats divine.
    I too had a dear cousin taken to young by this dreadful cancer. My prayers continue for a cure as well.
    Thank you for the special tea, your quotes and bible versus and always being a gracious hostess.

    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment for my blog birthday. Blessings to you my friend.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dearest Sandi,

    I had such high hopes to be able to have time to do up a nice pretty pink tea for your special tea event, but it seems as though I am going backwards lately - no time for what I want to do for having to do lots and lots and LOTS of other things - all helpful and productive or necessary but not necessary what I WISH to do.

    That said, if I get to having one at all it will be late. Sigh.

    God bless - this is a great linky party, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  38. You have created one of the prettiest post, Sandi. My sister, Marsha, is a breast cancer survivor and I can't but help to think it honors her, too.
    Your blog is so full of beauty and sweetness.
    Blessings to you,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  39. This tea party is adorable and very pink. I adore the shape of Royal Albert teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sandi,
    Love all of your pink pretties! And for such a good cause. Yup, we all have been touched in some way. I have a mamogram scheduled in two weeks. Love the glittered boo pumpkin and the sweet pink treats. Although, shortbread are one of my favs. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful pink tea Sandi for such a good cause! Thank you for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.