Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 11 November 2011

Remembrance Day ~ A Day We Honour Our Heroes

November 11 -  We Remember

Photo courtesy of the Internet

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.


Today, we remember our heroes and their sacrifices.

 Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

2 comments :

  1. At the going down of the sun,lest we forget. God Bless our heroes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this meaningful tribute ! Remembrance Day is a special day to my family since my Grandpa participated in the Second World War ; he was known as a " little hero" and we will never forget his spirit and bravery and the sacrifice of all the great soldiers .

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.