Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 11 September 2010

Pink Saturday

Hello my pink lovin friends and welcome to my Pink Saturday post~


I remember! A bouquet of my roses in honour of 9-11. We Canadians were deeply affected by the events that took place in America that day! Such a senseless loss of life!

To the families who lost their loved ones, I salute you. I pray God has brought you peace in the aftermath of what took place on that tragic day. Here's to the heroes; the Lord bless you all!


Here in my neck of the woods, or should I say, Canada, Summer is pretty much over and so I thought I would share some of the pinks from over our Summer this year on the Island. We had a lovely summer and it is sad to see it come to an end!

Today I would like to share some of my flowers, a tea, and our last days at the beach taken just last week.

My pink roses...Therese Bugnet
My pink bleeding hearts...A pink tea in the glow of soft pink candlelight.Out at our south shore just last week, we spent the day at Basin Head. There was a little garden planted in around an old anchor and this is one of the things you see as you begin the walk down the boardwalk to the beach. Many shades of petunias including pink ones.This is the view before making your way down the boardwalk. You can see the pink sand in the distance. There were many catching the waves and the sunshine!
The swimmers were enjoying the water. You can see the pink sand on the shore in the foreground. This sand sings as you walk on it and it is called "singing sands."
It was such a lovely day with warm water and sparkles playing about the waves from the bright sunshine. A darling doggy entertained us while her owners threw a ball out into the water which she would retrieve over and over again. White lacey-edged waves slapped the pink seashore...It was 30 degrees Celsius which is 86 degrees Fahrenheit and there was a high humidex too. The water was like a bath; just beautiful! We hated to go home! After hurricane Earl came through here last Saturday, it changed the weather considerably and we've lost our beach weather for another year! It's kind of a downer because we love the beach so much and our season is so short here. However, we are thankful for the wonderful Summer we've had!
I will end my post with a beautiful pink sunset at our Charlottetown harbor.

Well, those are my pinks for today. Please visit Beverly and her party of pinkies by clicking here


Wishing you all a wonderful pink weekend and please visit me on Tuesday for my tea party~ Tea Time Tuesday!
Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

31 comments :

  1. HELLO SANDI,
    LOVE ALL YOUR PINKS, THE BIRD HOUSE IS ADORABLE, AND YOUR ROSES ARE STUNNING :) HAVE A HAPPY PINKY PINK SATURDAY!!!

    XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi,
    A beautiful post. Your words and your pictures - very special. Thanks for stopping by.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandi, Such a Beautiful Post! WOW that sunset is Breathtaking!!!
    Hugs to you, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Sandi! Oh, your pinkness is so pretty! Love your vignette too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'eve Sandi ~ What a beautiful pink presentation ... your florals are exquisite, your sand is inviting ...
    Have a wonderful PS weekend.
    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sandi,
    Honey, your pink pics this week are exquisite. I have wanted a Therese Bugnet rose for years, but have not been able to find one in our area. I think I'll have to order it from a mail order company.
    I loved your beach pics. Hubby and I area thinking of taking a "trip down east" summer of 2012.
    Your tribute was lovely also.
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Warm hugs, Laura.
    p.s. come for a visit and see what I have been up to. I have posted a different project for each day last week. L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,

    AWWW! Pink Saturday. Thank you Jesus. I LOVE your roses. And as an all American girl, I would like to thank you for remembering our heros of 9/11. I would imagine it would effect you all to because your so close. I mean those terroists could have very easily took down Toronto or Montral at the same time! Canada and the United States are like sisters on North America. I mean I been to Mexico and it like a whole another world! But every time I've visted Canada it was so similar. I mean I know there is uniqueness that makes it different, but I don't know it's less scary or something!

    I am in upstate New York so summer is closing for us too! Bye - bye summer hello winter!

    Thanks for the post and making me think.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Sandi...

    Oh..lovely pinks again...and I LOVE the shore the best...I"ve always loved islands and water...and this is so beautiful.

    I remebmer 9/11 of course..and I also remember the role that Canada played. There was a documentary..I don't remember if it was Canadian or U.S.American..b.ut it aired on my local PBS tv station..and the day the attacks happened there were about 30,000 Americans on various plane flights that had to land in Canadian airspace, because airspace in the USA was shut down...and Canada took care of our citzens during a very trying time :) :) :)

    Okay...back to pinks ;) :) :)...I love the last sunset photo too. When you mentioned Charlottetown...I thought of the tv Road to Avonlea...and the sunset reminds me a lot of the sunset in the opening credits in the later season of that tv show :) Thanks for letting me stop by for a lovely visit!!! What is fall like on P.E.I? Does it get really cold where you live?

    Have a lovely weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers and a cute birdcage!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful the flowers and the sunset are! Thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi, this is beautiful and well said, makes me cry and I thankyou so much, Happy Pink Saturday my friend, Char

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi!

    Love all your beautiful pictures...your bleeding heart reminds me of my mother....one of her favorite flowers!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great post! I live in Niagara Falls, NY and I clearly remember the support of our Canadian friends after 9/11. Right here in NF, Ontario, the people set up a beautiful tribute!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! You have done such a great job this week!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for heartfelt post..I love the pink sand too! Blessings,
    Happy Pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi,
    Happy Pink Saturday!Hugs, LizlvesVintage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi,
    Happy Pink Saturday!Hugs, LizlvesVintage

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi,
    What a beautiful blog you have! I'm so happy to have found you and look forward to reading you daily! Your pictures are astounding! Beautiful! Hugs~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Sandi!
    Thanks for stopping in this morning! I have just posted my Pink Saturday entry so take another peek when you have a minute.
    Warm hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sweetie!
    Thanks so much for sharing your memories with me. God has blessed American with good friend in Canada!

    Oh...I think our summer is gone to. I just hate to see it go cause I am a warm weather kinda girl. Some day my dream is to move further south and have warmth every day.

    Loved that sunset picture. One of things I also miss about the West Coast was the water and sunsets. Hubby and just lived less that 1/2 mile from the Puget Sound waters and would often go walk along the beach.

    Have a blessed day my friend!
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  21. What absolutely gorgeous pictures! and the pinks! wow. Thanks so much for sharing. Your post for 9/11 was very moving thank you.
    hugz:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  22. What absolutely gorgeous pictures! and the pinks! wow. Thanks so much for sharing. Your post for 9/11 was very moving thank you.
    hugz:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Sandi, Your tribute is beautiful and so are your pinks.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  24. As always, Sandi, my day is beautified by a visit to your lovely blog. That sunset photo is beyond gorgeous!!! It's exquisite...totally stunning!!! Truly, evidence of a divine creator, huh?

    I love your roses. And, of course, I LOVE your beach. What I wouldn't give to sit in a beach chair there, a book in one hand, a glass of iced tea in the other. Ah...a little slice of heaven.

    Have a lovely day, my sweet friend.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your post is so beautiful today. I can only imagine the cooler weather, although it is cooking down a bit here. It must be wonderful to live near the water. Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello, Sandi, my kind friend,
    Yes, summer is coming to an end. I think it will probably get cooler there in Canada much more quickly than here in Central Texas. Nevertheless, I always look forward to autumn and the beauty she holds for us along with cooler days. Your roses are gorgeous, loved seeing them and the beautiful beach~Thank you, too, for the special tribute as we think back on that day on September 11~We Americans are thankful for our Canadian neighbors~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your flowers are all beautiful, and there's not too many things nicer than spending time on a lake!
    Happy PS,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  28. You still have bleeding hearts blooming?!! Here in Ontario ours are finished by mid June. They are so lovely. We felt Earl's wind last weekend. Can't imagine what it was like for you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful beach! Your flowers are gorgeous too. I always get a little sad when the flowers die off, but there are so many things I love about Fall, it's my favorite season.
    Hope you had a pink filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sandi, very well said. We remember how gracious the Canadians were during that time of crisis.

    I love all your pink things but I am partial to the beach. I live on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida and love walking in the white sands. It is said that once your feet touch our sand, you will be back again. I am sure the same can be said for your sandy shores.
    Beautiful Blessings,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy belated Pink Day. I'm always so late getting around, but I really enjoyed your photos. Yes, summer is over. Lovely sunset.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.