Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 29 August 2009

Spiritual Sundays

As I was pondering what to share with you for Spiritual Sundays today, I was sitting at the desk facing the clock which hangs on the opposite wall. This clock has been in our home since our children were small.
I have often thought about what that clock says and how we can apply it to our every day lives.
It has a very simple yet profound message on it.

"The closer we come to God, the closer we come to each other."



A man and a woman are holding hands and this is the caption on the clock.Initially, I think it was meant for a married couple but I like to think it would work in all our relationships! The closer we come to God, the closer we come to each other.....Think about it.

When Jesus came to earth, He set the example for us.

Please visit Charlotte and Ginger and all the other folks at Spiritual Sundays by clicking on the Spiritual Sundays button on my sidebar or the link http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

17 comments :

  1. How perfectly impacting, Sandi. I love the clock & verse.

    Have a great weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice quote on your clock! That reminds you everyday how important it is to draw near to God, and with His bond, your own earthly relationships get closer, too.

    Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend and a restful Sunday reflecting on His faithful love. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi, thanks for visiting my blog. It is nice to see another Casting Crowns fan, they are my favorite! I love your blogs, and will visit again soon. God BLess you...Becs

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN...You always touch my heart with your posts.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi,
    I love the clock and verse also...what a perfect place for a great reminder.


    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    ENJOY
    ~Jany~
    Don't forget to "Look in the Nook"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful clock and the words are so true...Very nice to have them written in a place that will be viewed often. Have a blessed Sunday!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your clock is so right! Being close to Him makes everything better! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful clock. The quote is even more beautiful.
    Have a blessed day,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Yours is a great reminder to look beyond the obvious, to (look for) another, perhaps sweeter message!

    Have a great day, Sandi!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would say it is true for christiains....sometimes it can be the reverse for a Christian and a non-Christian. BUT nice thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a neat clock. Yes, I agree with you on the meaning. I really like clocks for some reason.
    I really like your Pink Saturday post yesterday too.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fellowship with one another does bring us closer to Him, because we are made in His image.

    Just stopping by from Spiritual Sundays. Delighted in my visit.

    If you have a prayer request or a passion to battle on your knees, I invite you to the battle at my blog.

    Blessings from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marvelous message ;--)
    I do believe the truth of this profound message and think it works both ways. It helps me to remember that we are not alone, but 'all one'.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.