Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 27 June 2009

Spiritual Sundays


Welcome to Spiritual Sundays where we gather every week to share stories of our faith. We all love the Lord here and are not ashamed to proclaim it! I want to thank Charlotte & Ginger for their efforts behind the scenes and for making this event possible every week. Bless you, ladies!
Please click on the link http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ or the Spiritual Sundays button on my sidebar to visit all the other participants.
A couple of years ago I had written a short devotional for the church bulletin and it revolved around the wedding of a pastor's daughter who had just gotten married. I would like to share it with you today......
A CELEBRATION
Everyone enjoys a celebration! A few days ago, we were delighted to have witnessed a beautiful Christian wedding. Everyone was there to celebrate the marriage of the lovely young couple whom we have come to know and love. The church was beautifully decorated and the air was thick with the anticipation of what was to come.
As the bride entered the sanctuary, she was radiant, with tears of joy upon her cheeks. She did indeed, look every inch, a princess! While all eyes were focused on the bride, she made her way toward her beloved.
I couldn't help but also watch the face of the bridegroom. Truly, this young couple was very much in love and couldn't wait to begin their new life together.
It was an awesome and endearing sight!
But before this special day arrived, there were many preparations to be made. The bride had been very busy for months; meticulously planning for her wedding day. She had a list, which she had referred to; nothing was forgotten nor was any detail over looked. When her special day arrived, she was ready, and everything was perfect......
In my mind's eye, this lovely scene reminded me of the future, when the Bridegroom, our Lord Jesus, will come for us, His Bride.
We also, are to make ourselves ready for His coming. We are privileged to have the Word of God, the Bible, to refer to. Our walk, our talk, the places we frequent, are all supposed to glorify our Lord. Do our faces, our very lives, reveal to the world that we are pledged to our Beloved, and that we are expecting Him soon? Are we looking forward to His coming?
Just as the bride prepared herself so carefully for her bridegroom, let us likewise, prepare ourselves for our Lord Jesus.
His coming is imminent. Are you ready to meet Him?
"Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and His Bride has made herself ready. " REV. 19:7 {NIV}

15 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi. Thank you for the lovely comment you made on my post. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. What a great comparison to the bride in your story and the bride of Christ. We do indeed want to be ready.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi,
    This is so lovely - a wonderful comparison to our meeting with Jesus as His Bride. Thank you for posting it on Spirtiual Sunday for us.


    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. May our bride's clothing [deeds] truly reflect that of Christ's. Thanks for the reminder that we must always be prepared for His return. Thanks for visiting me and leaving me an encouraging comment. God bless you and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written & meaningful piece. TY for sharing. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reminder of our need for preparation....we must continually tend to the business of keeping our hearts right with GOD.

    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know mom and I were discussing that you used to have a wedding at your church where your family lived and your family and friends stood up with you and pledge to support the union. Now its all about a "destination" and how the wedding is decorated. I know this isn't exactly what you were all about but I loved the way you said you went to a "christian wedding" that used to be understood. Your Sunday posts always make me think or inspire me! Thank you!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an excellent writer. The words you wrote for the church bulletin carry a great and needed message. You have given us something to think about that we can retain in our memory because of the picture you painted. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to think I'm ready. I pray that HE continues to work with me and guide me until HIS arrival.

    The wedding sounded simply beautiful.

    Have a very Happy Sunday!
    Love and continued blessings
    China

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi thanks for sharing and the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job! Thanks for sharing this image. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen, Sandi! What a beautiful post. Loved reading every word. It is so exciting, isn't it?

    Happy Spiritual Sunday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our God loves a good celebration! And I am just like my Father in that respect.:) That will be one awesome shindig won't it? We need to invite as many people as we can. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Sandi, my house is clean and in order. I am ready. I loved this message this morning. What a wonderful way to start my day. Thanks so much for sharing. Please stop by and see my Sunday post. God had been talking to me about Summerizing my yard, and now I know why. Have a great peaceful Sunday. "Country Hugs", Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't think of anything that is a higher priority than preparing to see Jesus face to face! Looking forward to it. It will be grand.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully written!!!!
    I too anticipate him coming, Thank you Sando for you wonderful
    analogy of a wedding.

    Have a blessed week ahead and thank you for your sisterness.

    Hugz Lorie

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.